Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, back to tournament time and heart jolts. So to alleviate our inevitable anxiety I thought it was time for some trivia.
While browsing through this site on famous people's real heights, I was happily surprised to see they had an entry for our little Walloon wonder. I was even more delighted to realise few tennis stars had been given that honour (for example a famous Belgian compatriot of Justine's though referred to in Justine's heading has no entry of her own... actually if I'm not mistaken, as far as active players go they've listed Sharapova, Davenport, Hingis and the Sisters and that's about it). Naturally you can make your own checks (including on other celebrities you adore or hate).
Anyway, here's Justine's own entry
http://www.celebheights.com/s/Justine-Henin-Hardenne-1440.html

If you feel this is unworthy a subject for a thread, let me know and I'll delete it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
haha, interesting. I saw different profiles from different places list justine as 1.66m, 1.67m and 1.68m. but anyway, tiny as she is , she is taller than me. So if I get chance to see her I will feel strange: is she that pocket rocket I saw on TV? lol

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
heee, yeah, justine is still taller than me too! yeah, i can recall the sharapova distress in the dubai final. am i going to lose to this dwarf again? wait...did i say that i hate losing to the same person twice? LOL.

well, she can't hate more, she's lost more than that by now, haha.

·
Registered
87 Posts
LOL, interesting website
well i think she is around 1.65m, 1cm is difficult to discover unless measured so who knows....

BTW: purple, i like your avatar, gorgeous Justine ^_^

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
yeah, that is interesting! Many people who have seen her say she looks shorter than 166. I'll have my judgement in a few days! ;) :p

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Funny! What's up that one guy's Mary comments? The height is suppose to be about Justine.

Some people look bigger on Tv. I'm usually surprised in how slight or thin most seen on television are in real life.

I've seen Keanu Reeves, and this guy is really thin and skinny. That guy who use to play Angel on Buffy the Vampire was so short in person.

Footballers look taller in person than in tv matches, for some odd reason.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I always have to smile when I see Justine shaking hands
with the tall girls, L. Davenport and M. Sharapova, after
of course, she has beaten them.
And yes, she's still a little bit taller then me too. It seems
like the dwarf has quite some gnomes among her fans.:lol:

Mind you, the devastation the petite Belgian would cause
on the womens tour if she were 5 or 10 cm taller.
She's already causing enough fear as it is, with her 165 cm.
(one has to leave some hope for the others as well.):angel:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Kim is 174cm and Jen is 170 cm, according to WTAtour. but look at that pic :rolleyes:

let komorli tell us the truth in a few day :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Amélie Mauresmo who's standing right behind
JHH is 175 cm tall (according to the WTA site),
so, probably Justine is 8 à 10 cm shorter.
It's interesting to compare the players hights when
looking at their shoulders. Look at Justine's shoulders
and then look at Amélie's. The difference is huge!

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Ai's official website has her listed as 163, and Japanese sports people don't lie about their stats. Only the celeberties do.. :tape:

So, Justine probably is 165-166cm.

Here's Justine next to Martina "170 cm" Hingis :tape:, and Cappy.

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Justine is the same height as I am, and I was never considered that small. I have a normal height as to say, and I'm the tallest female in my family (counting my mother, sister, grandmothers, aunt, and cousin). Hee.

Lena D doesn't look so tall on TV, probably because she moves so great. I was shocked when I met her live. For example, Nadia looks taller then Lena on TV - all because of their movement.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Greenout said:
Ai's official website has her listed as 163, and Japanese sports people don't lie about their stats. Only the celeberties do.. :tape:

Hehe... ;)

Justine should be around 166 cm, she´s a few centimetres taller than me (163 cm)...and as far as I experienced it, Ai is definetly smaller than me, so her 163 cm can´t be right. Standing next to Myskina, the top of my head matches the line of her eyes starting (bad description I know). I think this pic above pretty much matches my estimations :)

btw: I feel like Maria Sharapova in my home country Hong Kong, minus the blonde hair, the long legs, the green eye colour, the money and the grunts. Once when I shopped for jeans there, the saleswoman told me that the trousers looked good on me cause I was so tall :lol:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Same! Whenever I'm in Thailand, I'm like a giant! People think I'm 22 yrs old over there, but I'm really not tall at all if you compare me to girls at my school

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, I don't know if it's been done before. We Justine fans have already noticed that Justine is very popular with people of Asian descent. Now I was wondering how many of her fans identify with her being themselves not too tall and not too heavy. I'm personally a bad example of this possible identification process (1m82, 78 kg) but still I'd like to get an idea, would you mind telling me how tall and heavy you are? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I'm 170 cm and 59kg :) I'm pretty close to her.

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Hee, I'm 1.68m (official Justine's height), and I'm born in the same year (2 months older), but I'm a lot "curvier" then her. ;)
And no, it's not why I'm a fan anyway. ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lady said:
Hee, I'm 1.68m (official Justine's height), and I'm born in the same year (2 months older), but I'm a lot "curvier" then her. ;)
And no, it's not why I'm a fan anyway. ;)
I never meant that could be the only reason. But it can be a starting-point when you first see a player. Later on of course, if you're a real tennis lover there's got to be more...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts