Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I know we where all hopeing for Venus to play but being honest. How may of us in our hearts thought Venus was really gonna play and win. I know i didnt, if she had played new haven different story. But once she didnt get a wild card Ithink most of us knew it was just a matter of time until this story broke. Or until she lost

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
cool bird said:
I mean I know we where all hopeing for Venus to play but being honest. How may of us in our hearts thought Venus was really gonna play and win. I know i didnt, if she had played new haven different story. But once she didnt get a wild card Ithink most of us knew it was just a matter of time until this story broke. Or until she lost
I did. She usually doesn't miss Grand Slams if it is at all possible for her to play, so I am surprised she pulled out. Shocked even

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
NO, i actually knew it was going to happen because everybody was talking that smack about her being the 2003 champion and she doesn't even show up. I hate that!! Reebok is gonna be soo pissed that she didn't wear that ugly dress. :(
Get better venus!!!!!:)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,879 Posts
I'm not really shocked, because deep down I suspected this could happen. Oh well, shit happens :sad: Just imagine if Venus is healthy next year at this time. She will have the opportunity to pick up points while others will be defending their truckloads :lol: :tape:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,879 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
NO, i actually knew it was going to happen because everybody was talking that smack about her being the 2003 champion and she doesn't even show up. I hate that!! Reebok is gonna be soo pissed that she didn't wear that ugly dress. :(
Get better venus!!!!!:)
Why are you concerned with reebok?? Venus has been with them from the time she is twelve years old--- this tells me that she has a good relationship with the company. :eek:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I'm not so shocked as I am disappointed that neither Venus or Serena will be playing at the USO this year. What is more important though is that she takes care of herself and her health and fully recover. Slams will come and go, and there's always another slam to go for. If she fully heals, then she'll be in a great position to go for more slams.

Get better Venus!!! :worship: :worship:

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
cool bird said:
I was bout 70% sure she wasn't gon play. Yeah I was hopin but this stomach thing done kicked her ass so I hope she gonna take it easy for the rest of the year. Feel better Queen Vee! :kiss:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts