Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I think ASV never got the credit she deserved,I made myself guilty of that too:rolleyes:, because it was always when she beat Steffi(and that happened a few times, wich is normal when you play each other every week, I realy had an ASV burn out in 92 because every week steffi played her again(6 tournaments behind each other or so and I wanted her to play somebody else for a chance, and it was also not that she beat Steffi then because those months she didn`t) but always when she beat Steffi I felt the last played far under her level and I never thought he maybe ASV just played well(now I never thought that of any player who beat Steffi but that`s a different story;))

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
anabel this is not to put ASV down but when she became number 1, Steffi was injured and she was already since Montreal 94. after the us open 94 she played 1 tournament till feb 95 because of a career treating backinjury.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I see, well it`s not that I think that she(asv) didn`t deserved to be number 1 at the end of 94 since her results where better that year, I think together she saved 7 matchpoints in two matches against Steffi(Hamburg and Montreal) right?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
she was somebody who gave everything, every match, no matter the score, and she always played a lot of tournaments and always came far, she didn`t get tired for some reason:eek: <P>somebody said once if you would count the meters she ran on the tenniscourts, you can go around the earth at least twice:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts