Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
u better watch your back, the annaholics will be in here to kick your ass;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Ashley Harkleroad: < 1 year playing professional events

Anna Kournikova: 6 years playing professional events

Let's just say it will be interesting to see how well Harkleroad defends all the big points she's winning this year.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Ashley is going up...

Anna keeps going down...:eek:

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
lets just see how high ashley gets, if she can get to #8 or higher then we can bring this up again.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Dont get your undies in a bunch...it was a joke...LOL

Ashley is Ashley...she doesnt want to be compared to anyone...

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
jojoseph said:
I thought that that comment from anna was in reference to Maria Sharapova not Harkleroad.
funny, so did i. but i guess as long as its a young, pretty girl it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
35,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Harkleroad, Sharapova, same thing :p

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to Harkleroad though. And even if it was Sharapova, the age limit rule and Kournikova's unlimited WC's are the only thing keeping Maria from being ranked higher

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Yeah, that comment was to compare Anna and Masha not Anna and Ashley..

Anna telling Ashley: French Open 3rd round, been there, done that! Beating Hantuchova, been there done that!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Bradshaw#1 said:
Harkleroad, Sharapova, same thing :p
Right, so in the future, if you're gonna take a shot at anna, even if for the fun of it, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Poor girl, what sort of a stupid label was "the next Anna" anyway - I'm sure they just meant she's blonde, but it sounds like "we think you're never going to win a tournament"!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
you know the funny thing is that one of my friends saw harkleroad for the first time and their reaction was: "who's that? she looks like kournikova"

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,020 Posts
Anna reached Wimbledon semis by the age of 16. For all this bunch of little-talent-lotsa-hype babes it is already unbeatable.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
That's true, ys. And of course she was top 10 for a while and has some (can't remember exact num ber?) of doubles slams, so she's no slouch. People do forget that, including me sometimes, I admit.

I guess I just think "the next ..." is a stupid label anyway.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
bradshaw#1...u see what shite u done stirred up...

now u have all the anna maniacs in her hating on ash...

it aint right ;)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I saw Harkleroad in person. She is hot, but I would not put her in Anna's category looks-wise. Of course, few women belong there.

Anna's career is in the shitter right now, but she does boast some great wins (Graf, Hingis, Davenport), some nice finals, and that semifinal at Wimbledon. Harkleroad has a long way to go before she achieves what Anna did on the court.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
HaHaHaHAH...aaahhhHAH...!!!

Gowza said:
you know the funny thing is that one of my friends saw harkleroad for the first time and their reaction was: "who's that? she looks like kournikova"
:cool: Just goes to show what "tunnel vision" most people, and especially those "prepuburtal" boys, have concerning beauty; one word, "blonde". Again, not everyone thinks "blonde is beautiful"...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And, too, it really shows "how shallow" a lot of people are!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts