Tennis Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
Isn't this game AO only as the only tournament you can play?
No, far from it. The AO is the only licensed tournament but there are other venues and a tournament mode where you can set up a tournament. More importantly, users can create, upload and share players and venues. You can download a great many players and venues, create a player list based on the current WTA rankings, use that in career mode and play but a pretty much complete and largely realistic tour in career mode. The game's career mode is set up to use the user content for this purpose.

337 Posts
This game has the potential to be great, it’s just letdown by the gameplay - same as it was for the first one, even after endless patches.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
No, far from it. The AO is the only licensed tournament but there are other venues and a tournament mode where you can set up a tournament. More importantly, users can create, upload and share players and venues. You can download a great many players and venues, create a player list based on the current WTA rankings, use that in career mode and play but a pretty much complete and largely realistic tour in career mode. The game's career mode is set up to use the user content for this purpose.
Sounds like Tennis Elbow has a serious rival. Anyway does this online mod also work for PS4 users?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I bought it on Switch and it's nigh unplayable on it. Pretty shameful.
Yikes, you should have read online about that first.....the Switch version was admittedly in bad shape even in pre launch previews :/ There's a patch coming anyway now, but the Switch version will still be behind.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
First version was a mess with one thing - i hate career with all these fake named players, so once i took few hours and have added all missing top 500 players plus some lower ranked from exotic countries.
Now i was trying to do the same with atp and it let you make just 840 players altogether.
Does anybody know if 2nd installment of AO also has such bullshit limitations?
Had the same issue with Tennis Elbow at once (something was limited, i think it was ammount of the tournaments), but one quick message to manatou and he changed it for me - but yeah, that's what you get for being the guy who made new hairstyles models (praise the lord) :p

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
First version was a mess with one thing - i hate career with all these fake named players, so once i took few hours and have added all missing top 500 players plus some lower ranked from exotic countries.
Now i was trying to do the same with atp and it let you make just 840 players altogether.
Does anybody know if 2nd installment of AO also has such bullshit limitations?
Had the same issue with Tennis Elbow at once (something was limited, i think it was ammount of the tournaments), but one quick message to manatou and he changed it for me - but yeah, that's what you get for being the guy who made new hairstyles models (praise the lord) :p
So you worked on TE? That's cool.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts