Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
This thread piqued my interest enough to pick up a cheap copy of the first game a few days ago. Must say I'm very impressed. Gameplay's a lot of fun and closer to the real game than most tennis video games. I particularly like all the options to create content, upload it and download other users' content. Gets around the limitations of only having a few licensed players rather nicely.

Downloaded this. Nice job. Although I had to nudge the stats for serve and forehand down a bit ;)

Also found a really good Vika (had to lengthen the nose a tad and some rainbow leggings in the clothing options would have been helpful) and, joy of joys, someone had made a really great Bara Strycova (the in game commentator even pronounced her name correctly (y)).

I've uploaded JoLa (in honour of Miffed max), Cornet, Heather Watson and Katie Swan.

Lot of fun to be had. I'll definitely be getting the new one.
It was given a very bad rap after it's disastrous launch-which was basically a full priced beta. This new one looks to improve everything and there's an even larger and stronger roster of real pros as well. Some of the creations in the first game were scarily good ( Styrcova was indeed one of them) and the accuracy in their outfits was awesome. They also have a handful of made up stroke and serve animations, so it helps break up the immersion killer of all the created players hitting the same way.

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
It was given a very bad rap after it's disastrous launch-which was basically a full priced beta. This new one looks to improve everything and there's an even larger and stronger roster of real pros as well. Some of the creations in the first game were scarily good ( Styrcova was indeed one of them) and the accuracy in their outfits was awesome. They also have a handful of made up stroke and serve animations, so it helps break up the immersion killer of all the created players hitting the same way.
Yes I read that the game sucked if you played it without the first patch. Plays very nicely now though. It's becoming all too common for games to ship in an unfit state and requiring a day one patch before they play properly. Finish the bloody thing before release :mad:

Anyway, Ginny Hoffa now available to troll the WTA (sadly no way to feature her cigar)

_ginny.jpg

·
Registered
708 Posts
the ball physics are so bad

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
Also found a really good Vika (had to lengthen the nose a tad and some rainbow leggings in the clothing options would have been helpful) and, joy of joys, someone had made a really great Bara Strycova (the in game commentator even pronounced her name correctly (y)).
This is because even though the game doesn't have a lot of licensed players, I think they actively encourage people to create real players on their own and upload them. As a result, you'll notice that when you go in to create a new custom player, there's an option for you to choose their last name pronunciation (so the umpire can call them by their actual name accordingly instead of those older games where your custom player gets called "Player 1" or whatever) based on a list of many established players in the real world. So chances are Strycova was already one of the options available, even though she had to be custom made.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought some Australian Xbox gift cards and changed my location on my xbox to Australia to play this before it comes out in the US. Its not perfect by a long shot but it's much better than the first game was when it launched. I'm actually enjoying playing this one so far

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I bought some Australian Xbox gift cards and changed my location on my xbox to Australia to play this before it comes out in the US. Its not perfect by a long shot but it's much better than the first game was when it launched. I'm actually enjoying playing this one so far

Did the same. It's actually really turned into a good game.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did the same. It's actually really turned into a good game.
Agreed, the gameplay feels more fluid than the first game and tennis world tour did and the career mode is very fleshed out. Best tennis game to come out for the new consoles so far for sure.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Why does the ball movement look so unrealistic, though?
Oh there's definitely an arcade like element to the game, top spin and slice shots have an unrealistic curve on them for sure. But the gameplay feels good and more balanced than the other tennis games available on current gen consoles. It doesn't hold a candle to my all time favorite tennis games (top spin 2 and smash court tennis pro tournament 2) but it's solid and fun.

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
Really happy with the way my Laura Robson build looks. But then came the question, do I give her the attributes and skills of an injury-riddled, confidence-shattered Laura or make her an alternative reality Laura as she might have been without the injuries?

:unsure:

Of course I went for the alternative reality version ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Did any of you play Tennis World Tour? How do you think this game compares?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts