21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
12,057 Posts
gameplay looks awful

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
How hard is it to replicate the actual speed of professional tennis?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Better than Tennis elbow?
Ne. Samo grafika izgleda bolje, ali teško je napravit vrlo realistički tour, uvijek neka kriva pobijedi u velikih turnirah

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How hard is it to replicate the actual speed of professional tennis?
Actually the game has sliders where YOU can adjust the pace of the rally and the speed of the ball ( in essence, slowing things down while on clay or speeding them up on grass). It's actually a pretty great idea from them.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Career mode. Press conferences, contract signings, cut scenes, reputation system, full calendar .... I’m impressed.

That obvious Kvitova plug! Lol

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
That actually looks really good!

·
Registered
37,467 Posts
Role playing in a tennis game? That must be a first.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Of course #BestSlam AO is the only one bothering to make a decent tennis game. It looks like they have made some changes over the first game, and hopefully they keep improving it in the future!

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
this is exciting though the women's ball looked too powerful/fast for reality
Speed of running and the ball itself can be adjusted per your own tastes, and different surfaces play different.

Not sure why the first game got so much flak, it was honestly the best tennis game since the last edition of Top Spin. And the best game compared to all the other recent ones out there. Online mode wasn't bad either, albeit a bit laggy at times.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Speed of running and the ball itself can be adjusted per your own tastes, and different surfaces play different.

Not sure why the first game got so much flak, it was honestly the best tennis game since the last edition of Top Spin. And the best game compared to all the other recent ones out there. Online mode wasn't bad either, albeit a bit laggy at times.
It got a lot of flak because the launch was pretty much a beta testing version, the aiming and moving system was sluggish and their were some very off putting stroke animations that killed the flow. Those things look improved this go around.

·
Registered
28,240 Posts
It looks really nice. I'm tired of playing TE2013 with a wta patch from 2015 :cry:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
According to the E-shop the Switch edition should be out on the 9th, but the shops say it will be on the 30th...

·
Premium Member
14,046 Posts
This thread piqued my interest enough to pick up a cheap copy of the first game a few days ago. Must say I'm very impressed. Gameplay's a lot of fun and closer to the real game than most tennis video games. I particularly like all the options to create content, upload it and download other users' content. Gets around the limitations of only having a few licensed players rather nicely.

My updated Maria Sharapova from Ao Tennis with the new AO Tennis 2 Tools which is for AO Tennis 2.
Downloaded this. Nice job. Although I had to nudge the stats for serve and forehand down a bit ;)

Also found a really good Vika (had to lengthen the nose a tad and some rainbow leggings in the clothing options would have been helpful) and, joy of joys, someone had made a really great Bara Strycova (the in game commentator even pronounced her name correctly (y)).

I've uploaded JoLa (in honour of Miffed max), Cornet, Heather Watson and Katie Swan.

Lot of fun to be had. I'll definitely be getting the new one.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts