Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
42,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was epic it was brilliant at times, but I cannot stand either player and niculescu shouting come on when cornet did a foot fault to give break point is just horrific, she was trying not to cry as well, Cornet has attitude issues as well arguing several line calls, Cornet having cramping issues as well in the second set it had everything. I enjoyed niculescu hitting backhand winners just wished she did it more instead of the slice :facepalm: The bagel set took 49 mins the first set took 89 mins. Niculescu needs to sort out that second serve it sits up and is there to be hit never going to work against big hitters. Niculescu rallied from 3-1 down in the final set. Match Point cornet dumps smash in the net :eek:
Next up Parmentier another 3 hr epic?

·
Stay slamless
17,536 Posts
AO R1: Niculescu turns herself and Cornet suicidal - 5-7 6-0 6-3

A mess. 3:11.

1st set = Peak WTA drama. Cornet wins on her 8th set point.
2nd set = a 50 min bagel, peak Niculescu :lol: Cornet struggles with Wozniacki level cramps.
Such an emotional 3rd set: Monica was praying, screaming and throwing her racket. Cornet was cramping, yelling, and hitting balls into the stands and at one point it looked like she threatened to hit someone in the crowd. Both were on the verge of crying towards the end :awww: Alize also lead *3-1 I think.

Very nice handshake :hug:

After watching Beth and Aga, dear god let there be some 6-3 6-4's :sobbing:

Nonetheless, well done Monica! :D ... A win is a win :/

·
Registered
14,793 Posts
AO R1: Monica Niculescu outlasts Alizé Cornet in a 3+ hour battle, 5-7 6-0 6-3

Alizé :sad: :sobbing:

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
AO R1: [31] Monica Niculescu def. Alize Cornet 57 60 63

Epic match :hysteric:

·
Your fav could never....
9,171 Posts
Monica :cheer:

I missed out seeing live today cos I had to leave :sad:

Now I get another chance to see Miss Unique on Wednesday! :banana:

·
Registered
17,150 Posts
What a mess. :hysteric:

Alize is in tears and looks like she's about to collapse. But it looks like just any old day in the office for Monica. :sobbing:

·
Registered
34,402 Posts
Monica congrats, really interesting oncourt character :lol:

Poor Alize crying, but she really has no game. no serve, no forehand and a small backhand.

·
Registered
170,926 Posts
WTA :cheer:

Cornet :hug:

·
Registered
19,029 Posts
The only thing that made me watch this abomination of a tennis match, was the hilarious sounds coming from both, especially Niculescu. :lol: Her game, attitude and grunting are just beyond vile, Cornet getting robbed a la Serena Williams 2009 USO and then bursting out in tears. :awww:

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Alizé :facepalm: had to finish with a failed smash :lol:
Niculescu is one scary b*********

·
You are not likeable,but I like you
4,312 Posts
Alize:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:

·
Registered
964 Posts
And how exactly did this fugly match end up on a show court? It's not like they didn't know it was going to be awful...

·
Premium Member
182,163 Posts
Alize :bigcry:
Feel bad for her. No confidence at all :hug:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Oh dear, the sobbing by Cornet was a little heartbreaking. She really did all her could out there but truth is that her weapons are really limited.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Pretty much what I expected when I saw the draw come out.

These two both out did themselves today in terms of being completely over the top.

Happy with the result, but Monica you need to work on your attitude come second round please! Alize is tears, it was always going to happen....

Thanks to both girls for entertaining me. :lol:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts