Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good match Mona :hug:

It was 1st match during AO in which Vika had decent opponent. And after this match, I'm sure she won't win AO. She played on the same level as she played in previous match but opponent was better. And I'm not sure if she can improve her game before QF.

And Vika, please leave ball kids alone :help:

Crowd loves her :eek:h:

·
36,371 Posts
Thank you Vika :hearts:

7 dfs :( Tight game serving for the match when Vika was out of challenges and there were 2 close calls

Iveta next.

Angry Vika at the end :hearts:

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
:lol: At Vika wasting her last challenge then wanting to challenge all those points towards the end. :lol:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Vika in good form for her, but also showing several reasons why winning will still be tough: the grinding, the DFs from medium-pace serving, even the wasted challenges and the remarkable ability to piss off a usually congenial Aussie crowd.

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
:lol: Dramz at the end.

7 DFs is a bit concerning in the 2nd, but good match.

Mona :hug:

Oh and Amelie in Vika's box! :hearts:

·
Registered
32,010 Posts
It looked like Vika ran a bit out of gas in the 2nd set. The seven DF´s looked more like a physical than a mental struggle.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Mona had so many chances but so many errors on the important points. Hilarious to see Vika's guts disappear when serving for the match; signs that she'll resort to hardcore pushing in the later rounds when it gets tight.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Brat-hell beat Barthel on hers AO road to WTA#1.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
:lol: @ Vika running out of challenges,throwing a fit over it and then getting booed after she won.
Classic Azarenka

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Revelation 6:5-6
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

And with this loss from Mona, the third seal is broken. Just 4 more seals remaining before the world ends a we know it.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Boos for Vika at the end of the match. She really started to lose her cool and the crowd didn't like her behaviour at all. She really really doesn't endear herself to crowds.

Now in her post-match interview, she swears and says she's "pissed off" on microphone. What a rebel! :lol:

·
Administrator
29,134 Posts
Not impressed by Vika at all. I'll be shocked if she wins this event.

And swearing on her on court interview - Classy chick :yeah:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The shrieker swearing and throwing tennis balls at officials :help: And yet Vikapower has the audacity to comment on other players' etiquette :spit:

Azarenka has zero crowd support, and it's no surprise why.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts