Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a brutal, attacking performance from Kontaveit. Before you could even blink, it was over.

Not even Osaka can blow her off the court. Bencic is one of the those rare players that can deal with every opposing game style if she’s mentally in the right place and playing well.

Ballbashers, pushers and variety players , she can cope with it all.
Just think it’s misleading to expect her to be blown off the court by a ballbasher, she’s not that type of player. Especially in the last 12 months were she’s gotten more confident.

·
Registered
18,360 Posts
Man, that was a real curb stomping there by Annett... certainly didn't think that would happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What an incredible demolition job. Poor Belinda must have felt like a train hit her. Congrats Anett coming back from injury. Such powerful groundstrokes. I'm putting big money now on the Estonian Express and Snow White

·
Registered
216 Posts
What did I just saw?

A mixture of Brilliance and disgrace in one match. Anett was perfect! Beautiful play from her, barely missed a shot.

I hope this is a wake up call for Belinda. She looked like a club player out there today. No serve, no ground game, no foot-speed. So what else left in her game? Something is really wrong with her now.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I want to write that ‘evil is vanquished’ but I won’t. Don’t want to rain on Kontaveit’s parade, she is a sweet girl.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The pretty Estonian was on FIRE! Most impressive win. She is no longer playing under the radar. Surely serious consideration must be considered she just might take the title.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Lol after Bencic lost to Blinkova I remember getting into a bit with one of her fans when I said I just don’t get the hype around Belinda, I don’t see her game as slam-winning and that she’s too inconsistent.

She just has knack for randomly throwing in results like this too often.

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
What a brutal, attacking performance from Kontaveit. Before you could even blink, it was over.

if she’s mentally in the right place and playing well.
This saves me, she clearly wasn't! 😳😭

Bad day at the office! Happens , in general my point surely still stands. Her results speak for themselves.

Congrats Kontaveit.

·
Always and forever.
33,694 Posts
Horrible, horrible match from Belinda. No words. That first set was amateuresque. And then she just played so scared. Had she been able to make it closer at the beginning, I think this could have been a nice contest, but Belinda lost that match mentally very quickly. Reminded of her double bagel loss against Wozniacki a few years ago. It's a shame and it's so disappointing it's happening in a R3 of a GS, but what's done is done. Just shows that she has been playing really badly since the start of the year, I'm not sure what is the reason behind that. People saying Belinda doesn't deserve to be in the top 10 is just ridiculous, she had a fantastic year last year, and had few bad matches like today. I don't know what else to say honestly..

Credit to Anett who played as well as she possibly could today!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts