Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was close. Too many UEs from both players and Sveta was really lucky to get through that one. Sloane has outstanding fight, if she can improve her footwork she'll go far.

·
What did she say? - She said: "I will kill you" :o
9,690 Posts
She is still playing shit. I want good old Sveta to be back :eek:

·
Premium Member
182,068 Posts
Sveta as usual making things tough for herself :cuckoo:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Sveta suckage continues. Occasionally there was a flash of her brilliance, then back to putting the ball into the bottom of the net. Have to hand it to Sloane for playing a good match though.

I was sitting beside some Americans who were exuberantly supporting Sloane - that's great dudes, but you guys have got to come up with better chants than "U. S. A.!" It's booooooooring and always heard no matter what the sporting event. Listen to the chants the Aussies come up with and try for something original for a change.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
I was sitting beside some Americans who were exuberantly supporting Sloane - that's great dudes, but you guys have got to come up with better chants than "U. S. A.!" It's booooooooring and always heard no matter what the sporting event. Listen to the chants the Aussies come up with and try for something original for a change.
:lol: Yeah, we have the worst chants. It's between us and the Chinese "Jia You! Jia You!"

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,628 Posts
At least she got through.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
AO R2: Kuznetsova (18) def. Stephens 7-6(6) 7-5

I'm really starting to like this Stephens girl. Lots of potential.

Sveta :cheer:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I think Sloane can go far but she needs to start winning these kinds of matches. Her biggest win is over Goerges which is okay I guess. But Sloane has the potential to do better. I still think winning a round at the Australian Open is good for Sloane she will get ranking points for this. Only time will tell if Sloane can actually win these kind of tight matches against the higher ranked players.

·
Registered
115,478 Posts
Sveta has 1 of the toughest draws of any seeds, but she has a chance if she can kick it up a gear,
but not like this

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Relieved Sveta is through! Go Sveta, pull yourself together like the player you were before, once more, before you will regret this after your retirement! I have the feeling she is missing Justine for the competition, or Lena, Anastasia, Nadia and Sharpie too. Ever since the former area of the WTA is gone, Sveta is scrumbled (?) like a pudding.

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
Relieved Sveta is through! Go Sveta, pull yourself together like the player you were before, once more, before you will regret this after your retirement! I have the feeling she is missing Justine for the competition, or Lena, Anastasia, Nadia and Sharpie too. Ever since the former area of the WTA is gone, Sveta is scrumbled (?) like a pudding.
maybe you're right.
perhaps when she looks are her name in the draw these days it's more and more nobodies and she finds it too hard to struggle against her own mediciority.

you need a good rival if you want to lift your game up.
her best matches in her career, eventually, were her losses - but that takes nothing away from her amazing ability to give serena, kim, henin and others huge fights.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts