Tennis Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
no love for T.T or did I miss the thread? She played very well in those patches I saw, great win for her away from home
watching the re-play right now on ESPN+.
Taylor's court positioning is horrible. This girl badly needs coaching. She stands 100 miles behind the baseline and guides her balls through. She can't get to the short balls as a reason. And occasionally when she ends up inside the court, she can't wait to go backward to her deep position. This is really hurting her game.
Pegula gifted her too many easy points. I'd be surprised if Taylor beats Pavlov who is always moving forward looking for balls to strike.

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
Thrilled for her!

However she still kinda went back to her old game style, parked metres behind the baseline with that loopy lefty forehand. Felt like watching Patty Schnyder at times. I'd like to see her come forward even more this tournament, or at least try rip her backhand ROS more often (one of the key shots that helped her during the US Open run).
My observation exactly. Thanks

·
Registered
17,597 Posts
Maybe it was opening-match nerves? She can't really afford that kind of positioning against Pavs, who will punish her with aggression. It'll be up to Taylor to assert her game whenever she can.

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
So happy Taylor got thru and was playing her S&V game a bit more than Auckland but still nothing like the US open...I mean why would she go back to that awful Party Schnyder like game that she doesn’t have the build for.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts