Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no love for T.T or did I miss the thread? She played very well in those patches I saw, great win for her away from home

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^
especially that there was supposedly a huge racist conspiracy with the draw to destroy black players, I was expecting someone would care, also given how well Pegula is playing. Jess was definitely bothered with TayTo positioning on the court, as she has no variety and limited netplay to be able to finish off points other than from the baseline. TayTo was able to play great passes, lobs and angles to prevent Pegula, and she was especially smart and collected in the TB :cool:

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Thrilled for her!

However she still kinda went back to her old game style, parked metres behind the baseline with that loopy lefty forehand. Felt like watching Patty Schnyder at times. I'd like to see her come forward even more this tournament, or at least try rip her backhand ROS more often (one of the key shots that helped her during the US Open run).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Only caught the last few games. Taylor was not coming to the net as often while i was watching. She won this match with some nice passing shots and tenacious baseline play. She looked good out there, hopefully can make a deep run here.

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Thrilled for her!

However she still kinda went back to her old game style, parked metres behind the baseline with that loopy lefty forehand. Felt like watching Patty Schnyder at times. I'd like to see her come forward even more this tournament, or at least try rip her backhand ROS more often (one of the key shots that helped her during the US Open run).

Yeah ... those powerful cross court backhand returns were amazing at US Open ... and very effective points-wise.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Looking forward to Taylor's next match vs Pavs. I hope the winner takes out the robot.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Nice win for TT, but yeah, was not coming to the net much at all. I wonder why her game tactics change so often. This tactic worked against Pegula, because she also can be error prone from the back of the court. She will need to play much better against Pavs.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Nice win for Taylor. Jessica really shot herself in the foot during the tiebreak with all those badly timed net rushes

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Haha, Taylor travels outside of the US for an international.....barely any response. Taylor wins a GS match....not a peep. Now let her have lost this match, or let her go an play another challenger.....everyone will all of a sudden care again. It's pretty sad, but more so telling.
It might have something to do with there being a million matches going on right now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Couldn't be happier for Taylor, above to watch her match live in the US. All the haters can focus their attention on other players, Townsend is the real deal, I can wait for her second round match. She also has the doubles to look forward too, but I am hoping with attention on other players making their debuts or having upset wins, that the microscope that has haunted Taylor will be focused on others. Could not be happier for her!

·
Banned
7,708 Posts
Taylor looks fabulous and it's also given her confidence. Hope she goes far in this major 🤞

1 - 20 of 24 Posts