Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CiCi hit 22 winners and only 10 unforced errors in the match. She won in under an hour too and has already surpassed her previous best result at the Australian Open! ?

Her comeback has been going really well, and I hope she can further improve the more matches she has under her belt. She faces Muchova next though so I'm not that optimistic about her chances of making it to the Round of 32, but one can hope!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Muchova isn't playing too well herself, so Cici has a chance. Great comeback for her I must say

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I don't like Bellis at all, but I'm actually glad her comeback is going well so far. I really felt sorry for her with all the injury woes, so I kind of support her now. I hope she's back soon comfortably to the top 50 where she belongs. Then I'd be able to stop supporting her.

·
Registered
43,960 Posts
Fantastic comeback for Cici this far. :D She is looking almost as if she never had this extended break. :)

Tadde :( Surely the end must be near. Charlotte will have to go to school soon I reckon.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I was watching another match and switched over to the Bellis match and she was serving to nobody!!!
T Maria was standing so far back from the baseline on return of serve that she was out of the camera view.
Most of the time Maria was standing 2 to 3 meters behind the baseline on return of serve.
Why? The very small Bellis does not have a Serena type serve.
Great for Bellis on her way back.

·
Registered
24,084 Posts
Glad to see Cici playing well and winning so easily. I really like her. She has an elegant game from all parts of the court, a great work ethic, and a positive attitude. She may always be held back by her size, but her timing is brilliant. It'll be interesting to see if she can manage her injuries properly and learn to handle the massive hitters one day.

·
Milk and honey
3,307 Posts
The sooner Tatjana Maria's ranking drops to where it should be and at long last we don't see her in slam maindraws again, the better. She's still decent on grass but my god is she completely useless now the other 11 months of the season - and it is 11 months for her, because she played 34 tournaments last year.

As for Cici, good to see she's getting back to where she belongs. Only her 4th(?) tournament back after a break that lasted over 18 months, but you wouldn't know it judging by the way she's feeling the ball already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts