Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shocking loss for Amanda today against Diaz...she made so many errors and Diyas capitalised by keeping the ball in play. Amanda was no where near her best...she didn’t look right and her non dominant shoulder was strapped. Pretty devastated by the loss...she had the draw to go far. Props to Diyas for playing solid tennis when it mattered and getting across the line.

I think Amanda will think about this for a while considering she had the break in each and every set.

Bloody awful result... :( not a fan of winning by getting everything back and waiting for ur opponent to miss but it is a legit way to play.

·
Registered
18,360 Posts
Diyas deserved that win. Mandy didn't seem to know where to go since Diyas was getting everything back.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Diyas killing off another teenager. I recall her beating Gauff and Lopatetsakaya, now Amanda. Poor AA still hasn't recovered since her personal tragedy. I hope she gets back in form soon.

A good win for Diyas, she deserved it! :)

·
Premium Member
62,277 Posts
I was wondering who Diaz was. Good win for Zarina!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Amanda was looking a bit lost for ideas by the end - great battling by Z. And assuming has managed not to sprain something decent chance at winning the next round too.

Good day for those girls flying the Kazkh flag. Wonder if Poots can make it three from three...

·
Registered
53,785 Posts
This result combined with Riske's win today may have sealed USA's fourth singles spot to the Olympics...

·
Registered
852 Posts
zarina played annoyingly well, getting almost everything back. amanda ran out of patience many times.

the best player by far won today.

plenty of time for amanda to practice her mixed doubles, if she eventually plays.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Zarina is massively talented and very mature. She may be in the counter-puncher category but everything goes back deep. She must have the softest hands in tennis. All that control, it was a real pleasure watching this match. She must have had 0 UEs. How does she not have a proper clothing sponsor? Her kit was embarrassing, won't say why.

Anisimova played well actually. She missed some crucial points and smashes.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Diyas killing off another teenager. I recall her beating Gauff and Lopatetsakaya, now Amanda. Poor AA still hasn't recovered since her personal tragedy. I hope she gets back in form soon.

A good win for Diyas, she deserved it! :)
And Cici Bellis in 2014. Hope Amanda will play better this spring

1 - 20 of 58 Posts