Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Considering that was the first match of her season that was pretty impressive. She'll get a good test against Konjuh in the next round and if she can come through that without much trouble I like her chances against Kontaveit should they meet in the third round.

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Danielle :hearts: she is here to slay. A real underrated beauty. How dare OP compare her with Borzniacki :lol2:

OTOH, im surprised Dolehide is just 23. Thought she comes from University circuit.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Ah DRC emerges. I thought she had signed up for one of the warmup tournaments.

Anyways the gamble of doing no official tournaments paid off as having Dolehide for the opener is quite easy. DRC faced many BPs but Dolehide couldn’t convert with some cheap errors.

Danielle’s game remains unchanged (including having strings of low FS%) and she looks skinnier too. I think I saw a ring on DRC too.

·
Registered
9,010 Posts
Why is someone like Dolehide in R1 and Rakhimova / VJK are not? I guess Qualifier draws are not 100% objective after all, when two solid players have to bust each other and Dolehide and few other random just got through somehow.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
A pretty impressive first match of 2022 for DRC. Game looked in good order for the most part.
I thought she looked quite fetching in a DRC way :love:
Had a contingent of 5-6 guys in the crowd cheering her on :D, which I'm sure is welcome, even if they aren't necessarily there for the tennis.

Reactions: Tunk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Danielle looked great. Served well herself, and while Dolehide won I'm sure 40% of her own first serves, Danielle was not hopeless with the ros timing of the first, and won probably 70% of Dolehide's second serves. Meantime, in the rallies, Danielle's technique was superior. So in the rallies it was never in doubt. Can Collins beat the grinder Konjuh? We will see. It's more than plausible.

·
Registered
10,067 Posts
Why is someone like Dolehide in R1 and Rakhimova / VJK are not? I guess Qualifier draws are not 100% objective after all, when two solid players have to bust each other and Dolehide and few other random just got through somehow.
Dolehide played really well in qualies, didn’t drop a set, and won 3 matches.
VJK won 1 match. What are you even going on about?!

Anyway… was worried since DRC did not play a warmup and we hadn’t heard or seen anything from her. But this was a decent first match. DRC loves playing in AO, let’s see what she can do

Reactions: tucker1989

·
Art & Futures
25,348 Posts
Always feel uneasy to predict danyell’s form but a nice easy win for her here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts