Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
84,840 Posts
I wonder if it's only me or that Rodionova's forehand shot seems to be quite funny and weird? It's like she just slaps those balls..but somehow it's effective against Caro at times.:eek:h:

Caro :cheer: Reach far please.:eek:h:

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
Shut up, troll. Shouldn't you be worshiping Petra at the altar you've made for her?
:lol: Good one, but trolling is second, if not first, nature to most posters in GM, so what can you do?

As for this match, I am pleased Caroline got through quite easy and pleased her BH DTL appears to be ok. The problem seems to be with the more wrist action required, when hiting her BH CC. It was really not until 6th game in 2nd set, before Caroline ripped her BH CC successively a couple of times.

GL in R2.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I don't see Caro getting far this time with the way she's playing plus having to face probably Jankovic and Li/Clijsters before the semis.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
She pronounced herself fully fit just two days after her hand has almost fallen off playing Aga. :rolleyes:
You see this in all sports. The athlete always tries to downplay injuries before a big tournament/match/fight so not to give their opponents extra hope. Have you ever heard a boxer admit before a title fight that he's not fully fit?
Caro's wrist seems ok for short matches. I worry what'll happen when she gets her first match going into the 3rd hour.

·
Registered
47,553 Posts
first hurdle overcome...nice!

·
Registered
19,029 Posts
Princess Karolina's wrist seems to be holding up nicely :yeah: Next two rounds are in the bag, fourth round will be the first real challenge. :shrug:

·
Registered
26,753 Posts
Rodionova is absolutely useless, then only thing she does better than Wozniacki is pronouncing "C'MON" :sad:

Caro's dress is pretty nice :)

·
Banned
4,166 Posts
Светльо;20763298 said:
Princess Karolina's wrist seems to be holding up nicely :yeah: Next two rounds are in the bag, fourth round will be the first real challenge. :shrug:
Hopefully Empress schools her in proper counterpunching a la 2010 IW.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
My gawd, given the lopsided score, Rodionova manages to have more winners. :facepalm:
We all know Rodionova is a hit-and-miss player. She goes for the big shots, makes a fair amount of excellent winners but misses more often than not.

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
So much for her oh-so-serious injury :lol: Her backhand was as good as ever. Nid. Reminds me of when she proclaimed that back injury she had at RG in 2009 was "career-threatening", only for her to be back playing in full fitness a week later at Eastbourne, the back injury never to be mentioned again :happy:

Светльо;20763298 said:
I don't really think McHale has much of a chance of beating her again :shrug:

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
This was Caro's pro win #300, btw! :)

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
So much for her oh-so-serious injury :lol: Her backhand was as good as ever.
You haven't seen Caroline play much - if ever? Then again, you are clearly just a troll, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I sometimes wonder about you internet trolls. What type of a life you have - behind that keyboard of yours. I imagine, not a very good one.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts