Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the quarterfinals.

I don't know whether it's some kind of record, but it shows that without Andre and in-form Pete, there is basically no depth in men's tennis (especially comparing to womens).

with so much spend on jumiors/college programs, USTA cannot produce 2-3 decent players who will be able to compete in GS. I guess we can say, bad job!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
The problem is, they can play only those surfaces that they have at home. At US Open you will see them playing well again with all sorts of roddicks, dents and fishes. But, can't you see that Roddick is completely uncomfortable with his footwork on any surface other than US hardcourts?

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Yes too true... the Sampras-Agassi era has officially ended as well.

I'm really happy with the players that are left in the draw now. If Rios loses the next round, this would be the perfect men's tournament for me! :)

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
i'd take this for all the slams :)

I quite like Rios but want Haas to win that QF

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree ys, Roddick has a real problem there. I hope he'll overcome it. Despite the fact that I don;t like him, I want him to play top tennis for year to come.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Gooo Marcelo, Wayne, Marat, Stefan, Jonas, and Thomas!!!!!

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
DaniiDoIt: I'll ignore your last comment in the hope that I misunderstood it's meaning. :rolleyes:

For me, it's all about Rios now. Tommy seems to be finally realising that awesome talent, but I hope that Marcelo can sock it to all those who didn't think he was a valid #1. :(

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just report him to the moderator, destructo_girl (asI have already done)

he is not worth talking to...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hey all the Australian men were out by round 2 and in womens by round 4. Don't feel so glum. Us Aussies feel worse.

At least you may have some up and coming players - where are ours?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts