Ugh Michelle :sobbing:

·
Registered
48,577 Posts
:sobbing:

·
👑 не дум&#10
44,761 Posts
:speakles: Went through the whole day without seeing much drama until the end of this match, which was the last to finish. MLDB did well to fight back and win the second set. There was not a whole lot between them and they had a lot of long entertaining rallies. MLDB won a tense game to break back for 5-4 and let out a massive scream. Too bad, she lost serve in the next game and that was the match. After the last point she sank to her knees and started crying. After a few moments, she got up and smashed the racquet twice (dont know how it didnt break, she put everything into it :drool:) and went to shake hands. Then, she sat with her head in the towel for over ten minutes. Her coach tried to talk to her and finally she left to applause from quite a big crowd who were remaining to watch the train wreckoffer their support. Hey at least she had her coach there to help her. Poor Khromacheva was also crying as she left, but there was noone there with her. :sad: Contrast with Krunic who got hammered but was still smiling when giving a postmatch interview and she even took pictures with fans.

It was a good showing for some of the juniors that TF likes to laugh at. MLDB was close to qualifying, Laura played a great game to qualify, Khromacheva and Krunic made the last round.

·
Registered
44,636 Posts
de brito :hug: but she did well anyway.voegele was so IN during the qualies

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
:speakles: Went through the whole day without seeing much drama until the end of this match, which was the last to finish. MLDB did well to fight back and win the second set. There was not a whole lot between them and they had a lot of long entertaining rallies. MLDB won a tense game to break back for 5-4 and let out a massive scream. Too bad, she lost serve in the next game and that was the match. After the last point she sank to her knees and started crying. After a few moments, she got up and smashed the racquet twice (dont know how it didnt break, she put everything into it :drool:) and went to shake hands. Then, she sat with her head in the towel for over ten minutes. Her coach tried to talk to her and finally she left to applause from quite a big crowd who were remaining to watch the train wreckoffer their support. Hey at least she had her coach there to help her. Poor Khromacheva was also crying as she left, but there was noone there with her. :sad: Contrast with Krunic who got hammered but was still smiling when giving a postmatch interview and she even took pictures with fans.

It was a good showing for some of the juniors that TF likes to laugh at. MLDB was close to qualifying, Laura played a great game to qualify, Khromacheva and Krunic made the last round.
I was there and saw this too. Michelle has some serious mental issues. I also saw her match against Parra and she also burst into tears and acted the same when she lost the second set in that match! She needs to realise that she can't win every match and not act like its the end of the world when she does lose.

·
Premium Member
37,263 Posts
expected an easier win for vögele, but reaching the MD is a great result anyway :yeah:

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
MLDB freaked out when I saw her choke, collapse, and lose the Charlottesville final this year too (my report is in the Challenger forum). I understand it must be hard to have everyone think you're going to be Top Ten at 16-17 and then have to go through ITFs and qualifying a few years later, but...girl has to seriously get it together.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Vogele has so much talent (really packs a puch for such a slight woman), hope this will fire her up for the rest of the season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts