Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm so happy for Rebecca and so inspired! Like Becca, I too have a ridiculously big serve and never fulfilled my potential because I was always chasing around the DUDES (not WOMEN!) and never put in the time to practice because I was making so much sweet love with all the MEN! I think now that my children are adults and menopause is over a decace in the past, it's time to refocus and get back on the tour! When is the USTA wildcard tournament for the French Open?

·
Registered
52,953 Posts
I'm so happy for Rebecca and so inspired! Like Becca, I too have a ridiculously big serve and never fulfilled my potential because I was always chasing around the DUDES (not WOMEN!) and never put in the time to practice because I was making so much sweet love with all the MEN! I think now that my children are adults and menopause is over a decace in the past, it's time to refocus and get back on the tour! When is the USTA wildcard tournament for the French Open?
never change, dear Pammy 😗

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
First time she has been in a main draw GS since AO 2013! She was the more consistent player in the end and that made the difference. What a wait, she is back!
What a beauty of a result, so happy to see her qualify.
Rebecca seems to be in great form.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
wow i didn't know you can rewatch them, thx! She looks just incredibly slow, but her 1st serve and FH are still massive. Too bad you can't see the MP
That site is brilliant. Although there are occasional glitches, it's the only one I've found where you can get replays of every match broadcast (and of course it streams them live as well).

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
I'm so pleased to hear this!
I've been loosely following her story since her match against Venus at the 2010 USO; I was really impressed by her (she had extraordinary potential). I was excited a few years ago when I read that she'd managed to get her mental health in order and was planning on coming back.
Great to see her back in a GS main draw :)

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,272 Posts
Marino is 30? I remember her match against Venus at the USO like it was 5 mins ago. But then I remember we're the same age, so wow I'm old too.

·
Registered
25,718 Posts
Her first serve is massive and is still there so many free points with it.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Well done!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Marino overcomes depression to rejoin tour. 💪

A lot more inspiring and REAL than putting on a covid mask with a name on it.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Marino is not very nimble around the court, but she has some serious firepower. I love her huge serve and flat groundstrokes that are so beautifully timed. I'm so glad that she qualified here and I hope she can continue to make the most of her talent while enjoying life.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts