Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32,540 Posts
Wow! If I remember correctly she did well in some small ITFs during her first comeback but never really made it much further, so this tournament is basically her best result so far. Respect!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
So many inspiring stories in qualies, from Francesca Jones determination to the continued comeback of Tsvetana Pironkova, but this is hands-down my favorite story of the week.

So glad she's been able to rewrite her story and play the sport on her own terms again. Hope this is the start of a return to the top 100.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Well done Rebecca, that‘s an amazing result :) Saved also some set-points in the second set.

·
Milk and honey
3,877 Posts
Of all the results, even Jones, this is by far my favourite of the week. I never thought I'd see Marino in a slam MD again after 8 years. Her wins this week, all in straight sets, seem very impressive for a player who was out of competition for 18 months. Sadly I wasn't able to watch her matches, how has she been playing level wise? Obviously pretty well, to have qualified in the vein she has done. Vaults her up 30 spots in the ranks and I hope she finds a way to make a MD run as well. Her story is something I can really relate to and I have always wished her the very best. Go Becs!

·
Premium Member
63,823 Posts
Congrats Rebecca :)

·
Premium Member
20,178 Posts
Queen Becca reminds me why I loved her tennis and her persistence is fantastic. Age does not matter and quality remains. Onto MD! Hoping for an easy draw for Marino. She deserves it!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,592 Posts
Such a great story. I had the chance to know Rebecca well in the start of her career when she moved to Montreal for the training center. Such a raw talent, amazing serve, sweet girl and I'm glad she is giving it one last push. Definitely a feel good story for 2021.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good for her, the "feel good" story of the qualifying. Talk about perseverance, and never giving up on your dream. I am so happy for her.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts