Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
It's a shame to have a known doper in the MD over a talented youngster coming back from injury but life isn't always fair.
I don't like Errani much but an independent tribunal, appointed by the ITF, said there was no evidence the cancer drug found in her test would enhance the performance of an elite tennis player. she got a short suspension because doping authorities have to be vigilant and she had a very slight degree of fault in not avoiding it getting in her system. nobody objective has credibly mounted any kind of case that Errani was consciously doping.

Stanning for Andi
I don't like Errani much but it is well established she was not taking performance enhancing drugs. An independent tribunal, appointed by the ITF, said there was no evidence the cancer drug found in her test would enhance the performance of an elite tennis player.
But there is also her long-standing working relationship with Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral.

Registered
a shame for Ana but winning 2 matches and giving plmenty of trouble to a gritty veteran on her Slam comeback is not shabby at all (y)

congrats Sara! glad she qualified :D
she shall expect a return to top 100 this season :) the sooner the better ! (y)

Registered
We need another Errani-Bertens like encounter

Premium Member
Konjuh can still get in as a LL. She had an incredibly tough qualifying draw, and she would richly deserve a LL spot.

Registered
Konjuh can still get in as a LL. She had an incredibly tough qualifying draw, and she would richly deserve a LL spot.
She won't, her ranking is not high enough to be one of the 6 ALT

Registered
No, I don't believe she can, because she's ranked the lowest of the 16 losers. If I've correctly interpreted the various posts on this subject, those going to Melbourne will be six of the top eight (Bonaventure, Gasparyan, Schmiedlova, Tsurenko, Rakhimova, Buzarnecu or Osuigwe, Raina and Lepchenko).

King
Horrible result, but I'm still holding at hope that Konjuh will have a mini resurgence at some point. It's all baby steps considering what has happened to her over the past 2/3 years.

Registered
Kanepi and Errani Also Putintseva, Flipkens, Sasnovich, Kawa,Podoroska,Bonaventure,Tsurenko,Marino
VAMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
FORZA
Sara the great!

Reactions: New-Era

Registered
Kanepi and Errani Also Putintseva, Flipkens, Sasnovich, Kawa,Podoroska,Bonaventure,Tsurenko,Marino
Reactions: New-Era

Milk and honey
Honestly, for Ana, this isn't a bad thing. I'm not sure if right now what she needs is flying to the other side of the world, not hitting a ball for 2 weeks and then suddenly throwing herself against slam level competition, potentially a top 50 player so soon. Perhaps she would've risen to the occasion, and it would've been great to see her there, but I still think in the long run it's better for her to step back down for the time being and continue to build her confidence. She came a set away from the maindraw, so it's hardly blown her confidence, and 3 consecutive matches against top 200 competition will have only helped.

As for Errani, whilst I would've preferred to see Konjuh through, I have to give her credit for finding a way yet again. It's NID at this point that every main tour level win is going to be a struggle, but she is often finding a way now and if she can continue this trend of qualifying for slams and maybe winning a round, pretty soon she might find herself a top 100 player again, which would be quite an achievement considering she's 34 in April and without a serve.

Registered
Ewwwww

Registered
Gutted for Ana馃槳.

The less I say about Errani the better馃槨

21 - 40 of 51 Posts