Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forza! Sara was about to blow a 4-0 lead in the 3rd.

Reactions: PLP and Silasson

·
Registered
900 Posts
.... this result

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Expected but Ana missed a chance here, after coming back from 0-4 down in third to 4-4 she wasted BP to serve for the match.
Once Errani held "serve" it was kinda clear that she would win.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I,m so HAPPY right know :D

Huge win for Sara :)

Konjuh gave here a good fight in set 3. But Errani was able to step up in the last two games. This meen Errani will probably be playing all event in Australia :D

·
Registered
32,540 Posts
Wow. She is building on that Bertens match.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Hopefully, Tortellini draws Serena or Osaka etc. 1R and we end this mess.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
What a shame for Ana. I think this event came too soon in her comeback as her game is not quite ready yet. A double fault did not help her cause when serving to save the match. Sara's relentless hustling also did not help. To be fair to Errani, she would be in the top 100 if she had a serve to speak of - the rest of her game is still good.

·
Registered
20,919 Posts
I,m so HAPPY right know :D

Huge win for Sara :)

Konjuh gave here a good fight in set 3. But Errani was able to step up in the last two games. This meen Errani will probably be playing all event in Australia :D
She hardly stepped up. Those were some comical misses from Konjuh who was dictating the entire match and arguably got nervous.

It's a shame to have a known doper in the MD over a talented youngster coming back from injury but life isn't always fair. I hope Ana can build on this and get back where she belongs.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Cannon fodder heading to Australia

Reactions: Rollo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Forza Errani!

Sarà is coming to Australia and I hope she smuggles the imprisoned Australians some tortellini!

Great comeback! Unfortunately her one match one ace/match streak ended but she’s on track to get that elusive slam title that was rightfully hers given Martha was drugged up to her eyeballs in that 2012 final.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sort of feel like this isn't the worst thing for Konjuh. The tournament proves her game is still there and she can now go back keep rebuilding confidence at the lower levels. going to Australia would obviously be great on the surface level but with the whole quarantine situation and then potentially not getting many matches wouldn't be ideal.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts