Tennis Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
Pironkova is the ultimate tennis cult figure.

Three grand slam quarterfinals, one grand slam semi, CH rank 31?

Keep on Pronking, baby!
Well she's very likeable, she's a really good athlete, has a lethal backhand, an interesting backstory and no obnoxious shrieking when she hits the ball. She deserves all the support she's getting.

Reactions: njnetswill

·
31,519 Posts
Sad about Rita, really about any lose she gets. She's very unlucky with her injury issues.

Good for Tsveti though!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm happy for Pironkova and hope she can play her way back to her USO form quick. It amazes me that she can win matches with that FH though. There was one exchange of MG BH to TP FH and that FH slice broke down after about three shots. Her backhand, fitness, movement, anticipation, and steadiness are top notch though.

·
Registered
114,483 Posts
Very tough qualie draw because Pironkova can get to week 2 with a decent early draw in the major

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Well done Pironkova😃.

Hope she can win a few matches in the MD now.

·
Premium Member
63,779 Posts
Congrats Tsveti :love:

·
Registered
713 Posts
So glad for her, now that is an example of a player who wanted to be there, and who tried her best to make it to the main draw. I hope she gets a decent AO draw, getting to the third round would be great, further then that would set up for the rest of the year (should there be a season). Computer points, and rankings as we all know are everything, let's home she can stay healthy, injury and Covid free.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts