Tennis Forum banner

221 - 233 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
52,809 Posts
I do agree that she should fire Mouratoglou
Yes!

Mouratoglou does nothing for her game.
Actually Serena is getting worse. Slower, worse serve, more nervous.

Mouratoglou only wants to promote his Academy.
He is in love only with himself and wants to milk the rich superstar Serena :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I sure hope some of these fans that are quick to accuse other players, have called Serena out.

Hitting a dead net cord winner and instead of putting her hand up, she roars and first pumps across the net....
Giving a paused stare down across the net when Wang finally missed a ball...
I think this is more a sign of Serena being extremely nervous lately. I don´t know how she is in private but she´s usually trying to be polite in front of the cameras except when she´s playing and losing then she reveals her worst self.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
This thread is too heavily based on the result to really be worth a lot. If Qiang had choked after losing set 2 and Serena had pulled through, we'd all be saying that it was messy, but she got it done, showed the fight of a champion, etc..
That's not really true. Have you seen the previous thread? Of course it had far less posts because Serena won like 63 62, and also far less people tuned in to watch that one.

But a great deal of those who did tune in said that Serena was a mess in that match and would need to improve a lot to have a chance. And it was a 63 62 win

Plus there's a big difference between pulling through in a tight decider, and being outclutched after 5-5 by a visibly tight Wang

·
Registered
761 Posts
Venus level of UE's. Oh well, she needs to start practicing more, she's gonna lose more often like this if she spends half her time on a beach.

·
Registered
83,559 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Serena has two factors that prevent her from winning - age and overweight. Obviously, she cannot lose weight, and it really bothers her on the court. I really want her to solve this problem and win the Grand Slam. Good luck, Serena !!!

·
Registered
83,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Looking at Google news and saw an article from "Essentially Sports" about Serena being angry about losing to JAPAN's Q Wang.
You know that Essentially Sports only has top of the line reporters on their staff if they can't tell the difference between Japan and China.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
My Rx for Serena:
Lose 15lbs (consider intermittent fasting)
Skip the clay season
Play Wimbledon warmup
Win Wimbledon
Play two US Open series hardcourt tourneys
Win US Open.

If Serena shows up in the same overweight state as in Melbourne than I don't see her winning Grand Slams anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Serena has had her time at the top and has been an incredible ambassador for women's tennis during her career. She is now 38, and the new breed of women's tennis are coming through with Barty, Osaka, Kenin, Gauff, many others....oh and don't forget Andreescu!
It is not that likely that Serena will be making another Grand Slam final with this competition out there.

221 - 233 of 233 Posts