Tennis Forum banner

1 - 24 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
17,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember when posters used to give Wang shit for not ever making it to a slam 4R?

The relentlessness with which she attacked this match was just spectacular. She kept an incredibly high level for three sets. Good for her—especially after the USO disaster she put out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wang played great, it's great she kept it together. Sadly players goating against Serena and Venus never keep it up.

Serena played horrible. Nothing more to say about that. I'm surprised she got this to last three sets.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Serena was utter garbage today. And that’s an understatement. No first serve, and couldn’t hit two balls in a row in the court. Nothing more to be said.

·
Registered
15,500 Posts
so happy for snow white!! hope she can actually follow up this win

serena what was that lmfao

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Deserved win. Serena tried to out-serve her at the end but it doesn't work when literally every other part of your game is complete shit...Snow White just stayed in there and did not give up. Props.

·
Premium Member
27,108 Posts
OMG!!! Wang played so so well and it rattled Serena who wasn’t at her best but will still fighting so hard. I really would have loved to have seen Margaret courts record matched but I’m super happy for Wang. It would have been heartbreaking for her to lose after all her chances.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Unbelieveable, from 1 game in the USO to beating Serena in her favorite slam.
The match should have ended in the 2nd set really if not por Wang getting nervous to serve it out and Serena´s survival insticts, but the result is fair anyway

Congratulations to Wang, she totally deserves this

1 - 24 of 233 Posts