Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last set an error fest from parmentier. Niculescu has a really nice backhand when she hits it, its going to be very interesting against Wozzy but niculescu is still an appaling person that grunt, and not apologising for net cords its not like she meant it :rolleyes: and in a relatively short time 2hrs :eek:

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
Re: AO R2 Monica Niculescu (ROU) [31] def Pauline Parmentier (FRA) 4-6 6-4 6-1

I cannot wait for the mugfest :hysteric: There will be 50 shot rallies and tantrums galore :haha:

·
Banned
26,881 Posts
Messy match as expected. Monica with far too many unforced errors (especially on the slice) in the first set and still she had a chance to make it 5 all, but failed on the BP.

Second set started with both players able to hold their serves with ease up until Monica eventually lost it. However, Pauline was her usual self on playing poorly at the important points of the match, gifting the break advantage away and completely lost plot afterwards by only winning 1 more game, although it was also about Niculescu cutting down her errors in the end.

It was also hard for Pauline to take advantage of Monica's puffballs on the return because of her atrocious backhand movement making it unable for her to step in on that side. Her huge topspin forehand swing is a liability as well, several misshits due to poor timing.

All in all, Monica did what she had to by reaching R3 and now I'm very excited for the encounter against Wozniacki which should be fun to watch!

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
With this match done and the upcoming matchup, I hate tennis....:sobbing:

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
only 2 hours, seems monica is saving herself for the woz match :drool:

seriously as a person on court monica is vile :help:

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
But off court shes wonderful :hearts:
Well done Monica :)
i have never met or seen her off court hence why i said on court. she wouldn't be the 1st player to be a 1st class crazy or bitch on court but be a normal nice girl off it. tennis sometimes brings out the worst in some people.

·
Stay slamless
17,525 Posts
i have never met or seen her off court hence why i said on court. she wouldn't be the 1st player to be a 1st class crazy or bitch on court but be a normal nice girl off it. tennis sometimes brings out the worst in some people.
It's a very emotional sport, people handle their emotions differently. I only like her because of her weird game, to be quite frank I wouldn't take a 2nd look if she had a normal game style and that attitude on court.

·
Stanning for Andi
21,284 Posts
I saw her around the grounds at Roehampton in 2010 and she did come across as a very sweet girl - which surprised me. :p

Congrats Monica. :)

·
Registered
16,723 Posts
Everyone ready for the 3r derby?!!! :rocker2:

·
Registered
17,938 Posts
I agree with the fact that she is a very sweet and cheerful girl out court. Met her in an ITF with her Romanian coach, cool dude as well.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
She were praying again during this match like in match against Alize :eek:

Well, I think it's God's intervention let her to be almost in TOP30 :sobbing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts