Tennis Forum banner

AO 2021: Which players will breach quarantine and be removed from the country?

• Danielle Collins

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Novak Djokovic

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Kiki Mladenovic

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Benoit Paire

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Dominic Thiem

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Donna Vekic

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Alex Zverev

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • One of the US coronabros (Querrey, Isner, Sock and whoever else is in that basket)

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No one. Everyone will miraculously follow the rules!

Votes: 10 12.0%
101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I'm closing the poll Thursday 5pm Melbourne time when the players start arriving. Vote if you haven't already!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I wonder why all these people who think that wearing masks is a violation of their human rights or freedom don't don't complain about the fact that they have to wear clothes, wear seatbelts, follow road rules, pay taxes etc.
I bet they do complain about this one. I'd be surprised if there's not an overlap between the taxes are theft crowd and anti-maskers.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
So you (and all the others) are okay with umpires potentially spitting on ballboys who are below them
How on earth can you infer that from what I wrote?
and you are okay with players sweating and probably spitting on the court for a couple of hours, but those very same players on the very same court should not walk for 10 seconds there without a mask? (Yes, I know there is a corridor but come on, it's for few seconds and no one speaks there)
If it's like other tournaments, it's not a 10 second walk from the changing rooms to the court. The players will be going past plenty of other people on the way. If they have to wear a mask when they walk into the stadium from their transport, how hard is it to put that mask back on once they've changed ready to play their match? EVERY other player in EVERY tournament can manage that much - what makes Chris Harrison so special that he doesn't need to follow the simplest of protocols?

As for sweat and possible spit on the courts, of course that's not ideal. However, unless one of the players then falls over and comes into contact with those bodily fluids, they should be safe enough because of all the other precautions that are being taken. Nothing is perfect in the Covid world - I'm just glad that I live in a place where tennis tournaments can take place without any of these extra precautions being necessary.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Come on there is no way a umpire can spit on a ballkid. Its not indoor tennis. They are outside. The umpire sits high and there is enough distance. People overreacting all the time 🙄😏 Stop doing if Corona is the end of the world or at dangerous as Ebola

·
Registered
32,087 Posts
Someone with a positive PCR test is allowed to fly to Australia?

Canada doesn't allow ... Canadians with a positive test to fly back home so why would Australia allow an American to fly? Would you trust Sandgren to wear his mask throughout the entire flight?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Dunno, but since he was positive Monday, he got tested again on Wednesday to make sure not false positive and awaiting results or something?

·
Registered
32,087 Posts
We don't know all the details but Craig Tiley is risking his job if that flight becomes a cluster.

Live tweeting the airport drama and your positive test is a sign that you shouldn't board the plane to begin with.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Oh damn, checking the rest of those tweets he boarded anyway? If anyone in that flight who had a negative test before the flight gets positive after arriving to Australia, there is going to be some major pitchforks...

·
Registered
665 Posts
I’m pretty sure Sandgren never had a positive test. He was just messing with people and someone saw the tweets thinking it might be true and called the flight back to the gate

·
Registered
689 Posts
If that is the case...he really should be kicked off the plane for disrupting the schedule. I recall some idiot jokingly say that he had a bomb with him, and immediately got arrested and they ended up doing a mass search of the aircraft.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The doctor had tell me that the Covid virus can stay in your body for 3 months after the moment you was sick. So a test in those 3 months will be positive also but you can’t infected others anymore. In this phase sits Tennys

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Who got a negative Covid test in Georgia, felt ill a day afterwards, but still travelled anyway to the WTT tournament, where he immediately tested positive. I don't think you can hold him up as a shining light.
He would fit more within the Dimitrov basket of "one reckless decision despite having a good track record" vs the Coronabros' "general bad track record" basket.

Compared to his compatriots, he is a breath of fresh air.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts