Tennis Forum banner

AO 2021: Which players will breach quarantine and be removed from the country?

• Danielle Collins

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Novak Djokovic

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Kiki Mladenovic

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Benoit Paire

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Dominic Thiem

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Donna Vekic

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Alex Zverev

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • One of the US coronabros (Querrey, Isner, Sock and whoever else is in that basket)

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No one. Everyone will miraculously follow the rules!

Votes: 10 12.0%
61 - 80 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
He is horrible, as most of the US American men are. The only good ones are guys like Opelka or Tiafoe honestly.
It shocks me how people can turn a blind eye to it and even idolise players like Jack Sock. I remember on a different forum there was a thread about nice players and a few dudes were like "omg Jack Sock is soooo cool he's just such a BRO!" 😒😒😒

I'm feeling uncomfortable with the fact that Serena played with Isner at the Hopman Cup.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It shocks me how people can turn a blind eye to it and even idolise players like Jack Sock. I remember on a different forum there was a thread about nice players and a few dudes were like "omg Jack Sock is soooo cool he's just such a BRO!" 😒😒😒

I'm feeling uncomfortable with the fact that Serena played with Isner at the Hopman Cup.
Jack Sock recently just had a HUGE wedding with no masks, I'm hoping he's not playing Australian tennis at all. At least Serena retconned that by playing with Tiafoe last year.

Isner has been recently liking extreme right-wing news outlets on Twitter about how Trump got banned from Twitter, tons of likes of Republican politicians like Rubio, condemning lockdowns, and attacking people for saying he should not be able to play tournaments outside the US for not following COVID-19 safety protocols. If anyone is going to breach quarantine, it will be him.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Jack Sock recently just had a HUGE wedding with no masks, I'm hoping he's not playing Australian tennis at all. At least Serena retconned that by playing with Tiafoe last year.

Isner has been recently liking extreme right-wing news outlets on Twitter about how Trump got banned from Twitter, tons of likes of Republican politicians like Rubio, condemning lockdowns, and attacking people for saying he should not be able to play tournaments outside the US for not following COVID-19 safety protocols. If anyone is going to breach quarantine, it will be him.

I am 0% surprised by Jack Sock. He has ALWAYS given extremely arrogant, privileged, entitled, bratty vibes.

Isner's tweets are a disaster and I'm also 0% surprised. When he made that comment about "raising a polite daughter" I was already disturbed, but when I voiced that, tennis people told me I was overreacting and that it's a normal thing to say (side note: I maintain that it is a very sad thing for a parent to say and I think it gives insight into the type of parent he is).

Thanks for sharing. Such a disappointment. I really hope Isner isn't allowed in.

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
I am 0% surprised by Jack Sock. He has ALWAYS given extremely arrogant, privileged, entitled, bratty vibes.

Isner's tweets are a disaster and I'm also 0% surprised. When he made that comment about "raising a polite daughter" I was already disturbed, but when I voiced that, tennis people told me I was overreacting and that it's a normal thing to say (side note: I maintain that it is a very sad thing for a parent to say and I think it gives insight into the type of parent he is).

Thanks for sharing. Such a disappointment. I really hope Isner isn't allowed in.
He is not coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,087 Posts
Isner is father to two young children. That may be a sacrifice he isn't willing to make. He doesn't win money but he doesn't lose points. Clijsters and Federer both hinted the time away from their children wasn't worth it.

Do Alexis and Alexia count in Serena's team members?

·
Registered
17,084 Posts
Isner is father to two young children. That may be a sacrifice he isn't willing to make. He doesn't win money but he doesn't lose points. Clijsters and Federer both hinted the time away from their children wasn't worth it.

Apparently Federer would have been able to bring his entire family but His wife did not want to do 14 days of strict quarantine with the kids . So I imagine it is the same for Serena

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

I’m surprised no one is talking about this. Serena, Halep, Osaka, Djokovic, Nadal, and Thiem got a special deal quarantining in Adaleade for an exhibition. They are not subject to the same team number limits as everyone else who will quarantine in Melbourne. Their hitting partners came along too (i.e Venus and her team).

It appears these players were able to bring full teams. Also they get more than 5 hours outside their rooms.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Apparently Federer would have been able to bring his entire family but His wife did not want to do 14 days of strict quarantine with the kids . So I imagine it is the same for Serena

Wasn't that a rumour that Simon Graf refuted?

61 - 80 of 157 Posts