Tennis Forum banner

AO 2021: Which players will breach quarantine and be removed from the country?

• Danielle Collins

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Novak Djokovic

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Kiki Mladenovic

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Benoit Paire

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Dominic Thiem

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Donna Vekic

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Alex Zverev

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • One of the US coronabros (Querrey, Isner, Sock and whoever else is in that basket)

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No one. Everyone will miraculously follow the rules!

Votes: 10 12.0%
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 14-day quarantine measures for AO 2021:
  1. Pre-departure test for the players and their support teams
  2. Test of a minimum of five times during their quarantine period
  3. If they test positive, they will be subject to standard quarantine arrangements until being cleared by public health officials
  4. Max of five hours training per day
According to Craig Tiley, failure to comply will result in the player getting booted from the country. Who will be on the plane of shame?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Weird question 🙄 all those players are now double warned. Why would they make the same mistake twice 🤨 nobody is that dumn. I expect that nobody will make this mistake. A better question is who will have the hardest times in quarantine. It looks not that hard to be in the 3 week bubble with all the others and lots of entertainment but Stefanos said he gets depressed from it and Im sure more players will find this a long and difficult experience.

·
Registered
Iga Świątek
77 Posts
No-one, the prize money is so high, and where can they go or what can they do in a foreign country that would be so tempting to miss out on $90K for a first round loss.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
they might even wanna extend their quar. period to make it more convincing. Australia is the only place on the earth atm where u can play tennis as we know.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Danimal will be focused and ready to make the semis again here, I fear she is coming to END Elaine like she did in Brisbane last year

·
Stanning for Andi
20,884 Posts
Querrey should be banned from tennis for the next six months for his coronavirus fleeing the country antics.
I would ban him for life. Nobody would miss him either.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Interesting post. I would be very even more interested if we will find one single case of a person who is breaking the rule and that he will be removed from the country. Querrey's case is learning that it will be very difficult to do something at personal level, as we speak about border line of legality. I am surprised that ATP has not done anything yet. For sure those people should be evicted from tournament

·
Registered
55,971 Posts
The French for sure. hahaha

·
Registered
32,109 Posts
I refuse to believe any player will be dumb enough to even attempt to break free but 2020 has proven to us all that many tennis players aren't exactly world class intellects.

A team member with no access to Melbourne Park may try it, though.

·
Stanning for Andi
20,884 Posts
What did Danielle Collins do again?

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Reactions: ziggy2shus3

·
Registered
54,425 Posts
AO guidelines for players are very clear and straightforward:

When not training at the tennis centre, you must remain in your room.

Not even in the hotel facilities, but confined 14 days in a hotel room. Some players will go crazy and I fear some of them will break the bubble somehow...some of them are still spoilt rich little brats.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts