Tennis Forum banner

581 - 600 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Congratulations for getting it done while Serena is away again? :shrug:
Right. Simple fact they dare hold tournaments while Serena is away is incomprehensible.
That's why no one is watching. All are waiting for her return.
Less so some unfortunate lines person and people who hate fake interviews.

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
Right. Simple fact they dare hold tournaments while Serena is away is incomprehensible.
That's why no one is watching. All are waiting for her return.
Less so some unfortunate lines person and people who hate fake interviews.
:)secret: And some people were waiting for the returns of Masha, Azarenka, Kvitova, and maybe even Bartoli/Zvonareva as they were kinda Messiah...)

·
Registered
644 Posts
when did the winners start getting a replica full size version of the winners trophy to take home?

i didnt really follow last years event but i dont remember that from previous years but Caroline had one

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
when did the winners start getting a replica full size version of the winners trophy to take home?

i didnt really follow last years event but i dont remember that from previous years but Caroline had one
They started doing it in 2011, I believe. I wish Wimbledon and Roland Garros would follow suit.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
They started doing it in 2011, I believe. I wish Wimbledon and Roland Garros would follow suit.
Yes AO only started it since 2011. Wimbledon improved from a half-size to a 3-quarter replica since 2008, well, hopefully one day they will give a full size. Roland Garros is really a huge disappointment. I can't find ANYTHING they do better than other GS.

·
Registered
15,702 Posts
Shouldn’t we do a poll on who did the best victory crying: Caro or Roger? :wink2:

NB: This is thread post no. 666 :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
113,600 Posts
This was the most important match I've ever seen! One match for Hall of Fame. A slam final between 2 of the most accomplished non slam winners.
I really hope Halep wins at least 1 major, because she belongs in the Hall of Fame. She and Caroline are carrying this tour in the era the WTA are making their most money ever
We are getting slam winners like Stephens, who is irrelevant week after week. Halep is important to the WTA and helps bring in millions

·
Premium Member
11,638 Posts

·
Registered
25,208 Posts
Certainly the most important win of Caroline up till now. She bounced back from being dumped by that ugly Rory, injuries and critics and winning this is such a great achievement for putting away all her burdens. So happy for her :bigclap:

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
Reactions: Naomifandeep

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
A reminding for those who think Woz took a MTO at 3-4 in the third set to break Halep's momentum: Woz informed the umpire she was going to take a MTO at 3-3 before serving. Nobody was leading at that point. It could have been 4-3 for the Dane, Woz even had a game point at 40-30 on her serving game.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I remember being so happy for her when she won. From her interviews later you could see how much it meant to her. Sweet Caroline playing after her win was a tear-jerker as well.

Caro finally winning a slam here, then Halep breaking that duck at RG, and finally Kerber winning Wimbledon after her awful 2017... a lot of feel-good slam wins in 2018.

·
Premium Member
39,363 Posts
Clearly the point of the match was the one giving Caro the match point. :)

581 - 600 of 602 Posts