Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 602 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AO F: No.1-with-a-Slam Wozniacki (2) def. Slamless No.2 Halep (1) 6-7(2), 6-3, 6-4

Congraz Sunshine for getting back to #1 and finally getting rid of the "Slamless No.1" title after 7 years.

The last set was actually really painful to watch - both of them are out of gas except the last two points where Woz peaked. Sunshine would have destroyed Halep if she knew how to attack Halep's second serve :shrug:

Edit:
14 AO Champion Li Na
16 AO Champion Kerber
18 AO Champion _________

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wozniacki is no longer a slamless #1

:SNE::SNE::SNE::SNE:

Halep tried her best but she was just committing too many errors, proud of her for even reaching the finals but she needed to bring more netplay if she wanted to be victorious. She was definitely more aggressive and produced so many good shot, her angles were insane. Her body took a toll throughout the tournament so it's understandable that she wasn't 100% there physically for this match. Did appreciate her fight.

Congrats to Woz, she definitely brought her A game in the first set, including excellent defense, a better forehand, better serving and strong mentality. But it went away but I guess she held on.

All in all, this was a crazy AO. A match that turned really messy but this is the theme of the tournament.

Ready for the French Open.

:worship:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tennis died today

Reactions: Super Dave

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Halep :hug:

Well done, Wozniacki ? :shrug:

Reactions: Nicky91 and Rads101

·
Registered
20,938 Posts
Congrats Caro.

Simona :hug:

·
Banned
709 Posts
HATERS WILL SAY IT'S PHOTOSHOPPED! whew

Reactions: Brens

·
Registered
712 Posts
They both peaked for a set and then after that it was :lol:

·
x
34,514 Posts
At the end of it, Wozniacki deserved to win. But that's not saying much given the ITF player across the net.

Serena please come back soon :tears:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts

Hm... I don’t know how I feel after that... Winning a Slam with that draw doesn’t exactly elate me, I feel kind of disappointed. On another point, the penultimate point was amazing though :drool:.

1 - 20 of 602 Posts