First ever AO MD win for Anna :bounce:

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Anna :cheer: Sadly she will be destroyed by Caro next round :tears:

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
:awww: She's only 15, I think that was a pretty good effort.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
sigh anna is barely MD material at slams, just shows how far barty is off this level.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
If Barty didn't make 1,000 return errors, she probably would have won the match. She really should have won the match as well, she was clearly the better all around player. Just nerves and inexperiene cost her in the end.

Good effort though and good luck in doubles with Laura :)

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
Good try from the 15 year old. She has got the tools to be a decent/good player and over time she will learn how to use her game and control her nerves.

·
Banned
4,220 Posts
What are you all talking about? :confused:
Anna was the better player the whole match,,,

·
Registered
95 Posts
What are you all talking about? :confused:
Anna was the better player the whole match,,,
Barty showed so much more talent it's not funny. The only skill Tatishvilli was better than Barty at was probably backhand and the ability to keep the ball in play. 43 unforced errors to 17 is the only reason why Barty lost. Drop that error count down to about half, and the scoreline is probably reversed.

Barty has significant room for improvement and is already trending well ahead of the curve for her age.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
16 yo Aussie Viktorija Rajicic beat Tatishvili in Sydney qualies last week, I was kinda scared that Anna might lose this time, too. But I am glad she won :yeah:

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Too many errors from Ash cost her this match. She would have won otherwise.

The second serve needs a tremendous amount of work but I think this is just a byproduct of being 15. The first delivery is already deadly. She also struggled a lot when Tatishvili moonballed the ball back into play; the rally was neutralised every time and Barty couldn't maintain control of it.

sammy01 said:
sigh anna is barely MD material at slams, just shows how far barty is off this level.
Barty's nerves cost her the second set when she was two points away from winning it and Tatishvili was so pressed by that point in the match that the third could have gone anyone's way. Ash should have and could have won this match, so her level really isn't that far below Tatishvili's.

·
Premium Member
66,184 Posts
I'm just so glad she got through this :) Crowd and upires were against her and she's still learning to cope with these situations. Some stunning winners down the line but overall sticking to her tactic of aggresive grinding. :lol:

She won't have chances against Wozniacki playing like this, but I expect her to play better as the underdog.

·
Banned
15,175 Posts
Viele :hug:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts