Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a 3,500 seater (or whatever it is) there's less than 20 people watching the Jankovic-Vesnina match. WTF? :tape: :help:

·
Registered
712 Posts
well neither player is a huge attraction. there was a big crowd for mauresmo v dementieva yesterday. and there is a big mens match on the main court.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
:bigcry::bigcry:

To be fair, Robredo is on the Manolo Santana court as we speak and that's not even that full and he's Spanish. If that counts for anything. :tears:

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,287 Posts
'The WTA sucks' threads are getting old.

Almost like people want the game to fail just so they can justify their words.

BTW, the clay-court season since Stuttgart to me, has been great tennis.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts

:yeah: as usual. These threads are sickening. :rolleyes:

As someone said, the ATP matches aren't even full. Understandable considering the current situation.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
No womens tennis to be found on any channel on my T.V, consider yourself lucky.

·
Banned
15,803 Posts
No womens tennis to be found on any channel on my T.V, consider yourself lucky.
It's okay, French Open is only 10 days away and we'll FINALLY get to see some live WTA. :inlove:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts

+1
even the Us clay court has been interesting to me.
It seems Madrid people are not tennis fans. or they're doing "siesta"... i've noticed there's more people later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
10,761 Posts
mods,why don't you please merge all the bitchin threads in one super "WTA bitchin thread"

Havin 5 new threads each day about how much the tour sucks or/and how emprty the stands are is rather boring :yawn:
And while the mods are doing that, can they also throw the 'can blah blah save the WTA' into one thread as well, the only thing that can save the WTA is *drumroll*........the WTA!

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
It's okay, French Open is only 10 days away and we'll FINALLY get to see some live WTA. :inlove:
Thank god I got Foxtel/Austar:)worship:), otherwise I wouldn't get to see the French. They usually do a good job of showing the Aussie players as well.:)

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Lol, trust me I dont want it to fail, I dont usually make these threads but I turned on my TV and did like a triple take at the amount of people watching the tennis. There are more people in my house right now. :tape:

And it may have been good tennis to people who are seeing their faves playing well and their least favourite players playing like shit. But apparently its not exciting enough to get bums on seats.
:yeah: as usual. These threads are sickening. :rolleyes:

As someone said, the ATP matches aren't even full. Understandable considering the current situation.
I understand what you're saying, and im not saying they have to be full or even half full, but LESS THAN 20 people watching a former world no.1 play tennis. The ball echoing throughout the empty stadium... Its just surreal :sobbing:

Can't wait until FO. :bounce:

·
Writer of Stuff
8,734 Posts
well neither player is a huge attraction. there was a big crowd for mauresmo v dementieva yesterday. and there is a big mens match on the main court.

And you think those players are more of an attraction?

:help:

Look, to those who are complaining, the market isn't there right now for women's tennis. It doesn't matter who the players are. If it bothers you, go out to the tournaments and watch the players in person instead of bitching about it from your chair in front of your computer. Being there, cheering and participating is a lot more fun anyway.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
The big problem for WTA are seriously injured Top players.:sad:
(And because of many injuries early retirements of Top players.)
Henin, Clijsters, Golovin retired too early!
Sharapova seriously injured!
Serena is really often injured!
Now Zvonareva out injured!

Imagine ATP without Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray!:help::tape:

Another important thing:
Today 6 matches on centre court:
4 mens matches, only 2 womens (and one womens match starting at 10am)!:rolleyes:

And it`s not the first day or combined tournament like this.
The persons who make these schedules: Go home!:weirdo:

No equality at all!:help: Simply pathetic.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Talula
1 - 20 of 55 Posts