Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O'Reilly called him a traitor and Robbins said something like "Yuo're the same type of anti-free speech Republican thug that made McCarthyism possible" or some shit. It got ugly real fast and O'Reilly lost control. Two off-camera guys had to pull him away and Robbins was scared shitless. It was fucking hilarious

- Car Key Boi :D

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
O'Reilly is a fucking idiot. I hope his show gets cancelled for this. He should not be on the air. What an arrogant asshole and Robbins is right, it's the O'Reilly type that's anti-American.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
P.S. I hope Robbins press charges.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
i love o'reily!! he's the funniest newsperson on tv and i love it wen i go home from uni and can watch him on FOX. what a refreshing change to the boring news we get here! what about his 'dumbest comments made about the war' segments CKB? they were halarious!! :D ;)

·
Banned
618 Posts
what made McCarthy possible was the many subversive Communists that had powerful positions in trying to tear apart America's constitutional republic--and he was right about every pinko he accuses and the Black Book of Communism has shown McCarthy was not out on a witch hunt but was one of the few real Senators we've ever had...and even the LA Times & Wash Post recently have given credit to McCarthy...O'Reily seems to be a part of the state-run Fox News who have as their mission stopping all dissent from anti-war anti-statist types who believe in liberty and not the State

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
empiremaker03 said:
what made McCarthy possible was the many subversive Communists that had powerful positions in trying to tear apart America's constitutional republic--and he was right about every pinko he accuses and the Black Book of Communism has shown McCarthy was not out on a witch hunt but was one of the few real Senators we've ever had...and even the LA Times & Wash Post recently have given credit to McCarthy...O'Reily seems to be a part of the state-run Fox News who have as their mission stopping all dissent from anti-war anti-statist types who believe in liberty and not the State
You know, one of my old history professors offered us fifty points of extra credit if we could find one person McCarthy uncovered as a Communist in the American government...noone got the credit. You know why? Because he never found any.

McCarthy was an egotistical, power-hungry madman.

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
empiremaker03 said:
what made McCarthy possible was the many subversive Communists that had powerful positions in trying to tear apart America's constitutional republic--and he was right about every pinko he accuses and the Black Book of Communism has shown McCarthy was not out on a witch hunt but was one of the few real Senators we've ever had...
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good one.

No, wait, you're right. McCarthy was as great a Senator as Bill O'Reilly is a journalist...a commentator...impartial...a compassionate human being...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Violence is always the last resort of a person who has lost the argument, even if they are right. I don't know this O'Rielly bloke and I'm not taking sides here but he does sound like a good-old-fashioned, narrow minded, pointy-hat-wearing republican bigot.
He obviously doesn't have the intellect to make his point calmly and rationally. It sounds as though it's game, set and match, Robbins

·
Banned
618 Posts
GBFH said:
You know, one of my old history professors offered us fifty points of extra credit if we could find one person McCarthy uncovered as a Communist in the American government...noone got the credit. You know why? Because he never found any.

McCarthy was an egotistical, power-hungry madman.
errr that must be one very stupid ass class...a class that likely never heard of Alger Hiss

·
Banned
618 Posts
Hurley said:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Good one.

No, wait, you're right. McCarthy was as great a Senator as Bill O'Reilly is a journalist...a commentator...impartial...a compassionate human being...
and the Communist subversives were compassionate? tell that to the millions uopn millions of victims murdered by Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc...to expose those fricken commies was a great thing and took courage b/c many in power wanted to keep the conspiracy in check, including presidents

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
they both irritate me to no end.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
empiremaker03 said:
and the Communist subversives were compassionate? tell that to the millions uopn millions of victims murdered by Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc...to expose those fricken commies was a great thing and took courage b/c many in power wanted to keep the conspiracy in check, including presidents

you sound like a poster called Seabiscuit :D

O'Reilly is funny to me, i just laugh at his ridiculous commentary- first time i really noticed him was when he was getting on George Clooney & the other Hollywood actors about their 9/11 fund---now he is fighting with Tim Robbins :confused: He must be bitter because he doesn't have a SAG card...but really..what a moron- oh yeah, its May Sweeps or something right? Can we say Jerry Springer because thats as serious as i take him... I like Tim because he & Susan are aware of more than themselves and walk the talk....

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Colin B excellent post!!

Banjagurl I agree with what you said about Tim and Susan, they are not self centered rich stars who wear rose colored glasses... they are atuned to the common people. I do though disagree, I don't find O'Reilly funny, gurl when I watch the show when I 'm turning the channels I find myself always wanting to reach up in the TV screen and WHIP THAT ASS TO A BLOODY FREAKIN PULP! lol

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
I agree with Dawn! Again! :eek: He makes my blood boil, almost literally.

Empiremaker, the difference is that he accused people who weren't Communists and rifled through their personal lives all for naught. Ask Judy Holliday. Read a book called "Red Channels," where 151 celebrities were listed for having "alleged Communist leanings," and vindicated after J. Edgar Hoover found nothing on most, if not all, of them (though not for lack of trying). Learn your history before you start spouting off about subjects you know nothing about.

McCarthy wasn't after Pol Pot. He was after hardworking artists, who would have no effect on the political landscape of the United States. Many of them never worked again. He was despicable, and the worst excuse for a Senator this nation has ever had. And that's saying a lot.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Hurley said:
I agree with Dawn! Again! :eek: He makes my blood boil, almost literally.

why is that so surprising :D ;)

Dawn- I didn't mean funny as in ha, ha, i meant funny as i could only laugh because the things that come out of his mouth are sometimes ridiculous- at least to me.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
McCarthy was a real idiot. I fabricated a ton of evidence against Neely as a "pinko" and he never acted on it once! That was before I had learned that Neely was capable of destroying herself, she did not need my help. All those stints in the nuthouse hurt her career more than any blacklist could.

Maybe Hoover was making it with Ted Casablanca (who by the way was a brilliant dress designer and had made more than $1 million by the time he was 30) and they let Neely off the hook, who knows.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts