Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone met and/or talked to any current or past tennis players? How did they act?

When i went to the US Open this year, i met meghann shaugnessy when she was practicing. She was very soft spoken and offered an autograph whole-heartidly. I also met Todd Martin who was also very nice and was signing an huge amount of autographs after his practice session.

So who have you guys met?

·
Banned
27,238 Posts
ummmmmm too many to name LMAO

two of my top three spoke to me:

Serena-was nice but i made a fool of myself cos i was so nervous :eek:
Molik-SWEETHEART! :hearts:

but ive got the autographs of a lot more

·
Registered
26,637 Posts
SJW said:
ummmmmm too many to name LMAO

two of my top three spoke to me:

Serena-was nice but i made a fool of myself cos i was so nervous :eek:
Molik-SWEETHEART! :hearts:

but ive got the autographs of a lot more
I liked the story of your Wimby chat with Juju better! (Do retell it, Luv, in honour of JiT's migration to this board)! :devil:

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
umm ive met heaps aswell:

Kim: is adorable, soo kind and nice.. she has alot of time for anyone.

Tammy: Very polite, well spoken and kind.

Elena Bovina: very quite, nice and funny.. eats alot!

Martina Hingis: gave me pics privately and spoke to me after her 2002 long 3set semifinal match against clijsters. soo sweet!!

Ive met capriati/henin/hantuchova = bitch.. sorry to her fans./ Rubin/dementieva/hingis/davenport/panova = didn`t smile at all :( umm Ai Sugyama, does she ever look sad?! she gave me pics but dind`t really speak/ C.Martinez ... shes great aswell.

·
agradecería con alegría que me comierais la ñocla.
17,612 Posts
I've talked to Anabel Medina, Maria Sanchez, Magui Serna (very very nice, the most of all, Maria and Anabel) and also to Aloro Dechy and Loit. The nicest was Dechy, I also tried to talk to Amelie but she seemed angry to everyone.

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
I talked to Barbara Schett a couple of times and we also had a short chat with Vera.

Vera was leaving so we didn't talk much, Babsi was very nice.

I asked some players if I could take photos of them and they all agreed: Gagliardi, Sanchez Lorenzo, Lina and Myskina.

I've seen hundreds of players in person but didn't talk to them.

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
well ive gotten a bunch of autographs, but ive only talked to two players-- that's what i would call "meeting"

jennifer capriati- at the 4 seasons in new york. ion the plainly decorated lobby, she sat down on the couch perpendicular to the end of mine. i didnt know what to say, and her dad was visible and outside mumbling under his breath. she saw me look over at her dad pacing, and i laughed a bit. she said "he gets like that." in response to my little laugh. then i said, "hi, im michael." and she said "hi, im jennifer, but you probably knew that. are u headed over to the open while you're here?" i told her that i was and that i was from there. i went on to ask her about the ppl she had played (up to loit at this point) and she had only nice things to say. then she said, "theres my ride. have fun." and i wished her luck.

the whole thing was surprisingly nice. i have never really liked jennifer that much, but now im a huge fan. i dont mean to sound rude, but the whole time (only a few mintes) that i was talking to her i wanted to ask, "do u know if monica's in town?"

when i met roger federer, i was more prepared. i was with my sister at the night session of sunday night uso. i watched his thrilling match, and i left 2 games early to go see if i could get my giant ball signed. of course they dont let you in, but i figured since it was the last match of the day they might let me. they said no, and i was a little disappointed. its not like i wanted the autograph... i just wanted to see roger and take a picture.

so i exited the stadium since i was on the way down, and this photographer told me that i should wait by the gate to see federer. i did, and it was amazing... there were only a bunch of ppl who stuck around. roger greated us with "so these are the diehard fans!" he signed my ball and looked at me and said "you look swiss." id neve heard that b4-- since swiss ppl dont really have a look, but a AM half swiss so he seemed floored by that. he wanted to know how long i had played tennis, my favorite players, other sports, and when he seemed to figure out that i was a pretty big tennis fan (rare in america) he laughed and said-- "so tell me what to do against david" with a laugh. he took a few pictures with me and my sister.... and ill never forget it even though none of the pictures with US and him came out. i have my negatives and a few of him nsigning though... when i said monica was my other fav, he said "quite a lady, she is" and when some girl yelled YOU'RE NUMBER ONE, he laughed and said back, "nah just two"

so when am i gonna meet monica??? i might have to drive up to montreal-- the usopen will be too hectic around her come next year.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Faboozadoo, Roger sounds very nice! Glad you had the chance to meet him, as well as Jen :)

I've only met one, Jarkko Nieminen, and he was very nice to me (agreed to take a pic . . .). Meeting players isn't really that high on my priority list, but it is fun to watch them with fans. Most of the men are incredibly nice (or at least patient with ;)) to their fans. Max Mirnyi is an absolute doll, hands down the nicest I've ever seen :worship:

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,629 Posts
i met and talked to Kim for like 5mins or so.. such a sweet girl! love her! :hug: same with Amelie :)

met some other players as well..

seems like the great time to meet and talk to the players are at the smallewr tournaments.. cause they're not bombarded with fans...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hmm at the pilot pen, when i stayed at the new haven omni, i shared elavators with myriam casanova, Maggie Maleeva, Amelie Mauremso, and Nahtlaie Dechy, i talked the most to Magdalena. I also ate breakfast at the counter of the restraunt right next to Dementieva, i talked but didnt have my camera :( , lucky when she was at the grounds, she was practicing and i saw her so i snagged a pic, i didnt get one with myriam eihter, i talked the most to Maggie for sure, she seems shy, kind of quiet but great French, everyone probaby knows ths toy and if i figure out how to post pics i will, i just dont know how, any helpers?!

Reactions: ghosts

·
Banned
366 Posts
I think that it all depends when you catch a player. For example, I met Petrova after her win in Toronto against VRP and she was very friendly.
Elena did not look anyone in the face and signed away like a robot. Hantuchova only gave like 3 singtr.

When I met Amelie she was SOOOO nice.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I have met Milagros Sequera and Marissa Irvin. I just talked to Milagros for a minute but I had a nice conversation with Marissa. It was back at the 75k in Dothan, AL. It was actually the night of prom and we all went out to eat and thats where I ran into her. She had on a Stanford sweatshirt so I asked her what she thought about playing college tennis and of course she said it's awesome. Then I talked about her matches (doubles and singles...she had lost both but was open to talking about them). Then she started telling my friends and I (all 50 of us on the party bus) how nice we looked all dressed up. My friends had no clue who she was and why I was talking to her but they were nice to her. Then without me even having to ask she told me she would take the next week off (no time to get to Croatia) and then head to Rome and try to qualify. Right before I left she mentioned how excited she was about the French. I wished her luck. For some reason getting and autograph completely slipped my mind but oh well. At least the same week I got Milagros'.

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
players who didnt sign autographs at the us open (im not judging-- just informing)
daniela hantuchova- i saw her 3 times after she had been eliminated in singles, and she signed 0 autographs... i didnt even try after she walked by the first time...

chanda rubin :eek: same as daniela... they played doubles and practiced doubles but didnt give autographs

todd martin :eek: signed like 2-- i walked over behind a woman who was a fan of his when he was leaving his practice, and she asked for his autograph and he said he didnt have any time. there were only like 3 ppl waiting other than me. bastard-- but its okay bc i didnt really care... i was just taken aback by him not giving another minute to his few fans.

justine- probably the rudest player to the fans, but its understanable i guess (lack of formal education). she just walks by everytime. i didnt even make a move to go near...

meghan shaughnessy walked right by about 5 fans calling her name (i didnt recognize her)

petrova- walked right by the fans waiting by the practice courts.

best signers
jenn will sign for everybody (but prolly since its the us open)

federer gives everyone the time of day-- amazing.. the crazy part is that some ppl know he'll take pictures but wont wait for HIM

andy i guess signs balls during his practice and hits them into the crowd-- i never witnessed this

james blake makes a damn good effort to get to evrybody

conchita seemed surprised that ppl wanted her autograph-- quite funny. she was nice

anastasia signed-- like a robot, lol.... but o well.

martina n was pretty good, stck around for a while

kim practiced and then had a match-- ppl called her name and she yelled "sorry" but stood and waved for a moment for ppl to take pictures.

saw elena d and paradorn practice-- but i never saw them leave... hmmm they might know a special way out...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.