Tennis Forum banner

Anyone In The US Watching Anna's E! True Hollywood Story?

1K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  selesfan1 
#1 ·
The Williams sisters have alreadly been mentioned twice (Martina Hingis once). As a teenager, she was resentful of the attention the Williams sisters were getting.

#4 ·
Meesh said:
Wow, I'm really surprised that Bud Collins and others are using "past tense" when talking about her. It's as if she is dead, retired or whatever.
They are using past tense becasue she isn't the player she one was.

#5 ·
pretty interesting ...they weren't knocking her too bad at least, at least they said she was a pretty good tennis player

#7 ·
The E! show was okay. I think around as good as the ESPN Sports century.
I'm looking forward to the VH-1 show. And then the Beyond the Glory, or whatever other shows about Anna.
They grouped Anna with Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan several times.
But the only tennis player Anna mentioned was Hingis.
The Williams sisters maybe got 10 seconds out of one hour. So I'm not sure what the thread starter is talking about.
My favorite part were the recent clips when Anna was with David Wheaton. Anna looked great.

#12 ·
goldenlox said:
The E! show was okay. I think around as good as the ESPN Sports century.
I'm looking forward to the VH-1 show. And then the Beyond the Glory, or whatever other shows about Anna.
They grouped Anna with Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan several times.
But the only tennis player Anna mentioned was Hingis.
The Williams sisters maybe got 10 seconds out of one hour. So I'm not sure what the thread starter is talking about.
My favorite part were the recent clips when Anna was with David Wheaton. Anna looked great.
The thread starter was me and my screen name is lizchris. Try using it next time.

Apparently yoy didn't watch the who show. The Williams sisters were mentioned when it was said that she resented the attention they got when they were teens and Venus was mentioned briefly when speaking of the 1998 Liption Championships.

#13 ·
Steam said:
Sucked ass. Had a number of historical inaccuracies as well.
I have to admit that E's off-court footage of Anna was fantastic. I had only seen pics from the WTT press conference for instance. Nice to see actual video. Good stuff!

Kudos to my old pal Steam for referencing the embarrassing number of historical inaccuracies. When the narrator said Martina Hingis was among the players Anna beat at the 1998 Lipton tournament, I nearly jumped out of my seat. Idiots. But I guess this was never intended to be a tennis piece. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a six. The never before seen (by me at least) footage definitely merits it. ;)

Your thoughts?

#14 ·
lizchris, Anna never mentioned any tennis player but Hingis. And at least 10 tennis players were mentioned.
If you think that show was about your favs, you should watch it again with a stopwatch.

#15 ·
They didn't mention that she played challengers in 2003 but mentioned that she was injured and it was doubtful she could play a full schedule. It wasn't really anything new to people who follow tennis

#16 ·
goldenlox said:
lizchris, Anna never mentioned any tennis player but Hingis. And at least 10 tennis players were mentioned.
If you think that show was about your favs, you should watch it again with a stopwatch.
Go back and reread my original message. I never said that Anna mentioned Venus and/or Serena. I said they were mentioned in the story. Why, I don't know, since they never played her that much.

#18 ·
carling said:
I have to admit that E's off-court footage of Anna was fantastic. I had only seen pics from the WTT press conference for instance. Nice to see actual video. Good stuff!

Kudos to my old pal Steam for referencing the embarrassing number of historical inaccuracies. When the narrator said Martina Hingis was among the players Anna beat at the 1998 Lipton tournament, I nearly jumped out of my seat. Idiots. But I guess this was never intended to be a tennis piece. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a six. The never before seen (by me at least) footage definitely merits it. ;)

Your thoughts?
The overuse of that shitty Binge song knocks down its score considerably. Their four who spoke the most via interviews were Peter Bodo, Bud Collins, the guy from Star, and the hack biographer. Obviously, they weren't the only ones interviewed but right there is only 25% legitimacy (Bodo). Bud Collins is very creepy, the Star guy had no fucking clue about tennis, and the biographer couldn't even pronounce names correctly. Hack work.

The Hingis/Lipton one was the worst screwup in my eyes but there were quite a few others that I noticed such as the Williams jealousy stemming back to '95. I highly highly doubt that she was jealous of all their "press" back then. Then they sort of screwed up some of the Bure timeline. The sort of stuff that a little research would have helped out with.

#19 ·
monicAnna you're right. Anna talked about ages players won at.
I would have prefered quotes from other tennis players rather than Bodo all hour.

#20 ·
Steam said:
The overuse of that shitty Binge song knocks down its score considerably. Their four who spoke the most via interviews were Peter Bodo, Bud Collins, the guy from Star, and the hack biographer. Obviously, they weren't the only ones interviewed but right there is only 25% legitimacy (Bodo). Bud Collins is very creepy, the Star guy had no fucking clue about tennis, and the biographer couldn't even pronounce names correctly. Hack work.

The Hingis/Lipton one was the worst screwup in my eyes but there were quite a few others that I noticed such as the Williams jealousy stemming back to '95. I highly highly doubt that she was jealous of all their "press" back then. Then they sort of screwed up some of the Bure timeline. The sort of stuff that a little research would have helped out with.
what a bunch of junk, they basically just started creating stories out of nothing

and where was the stuff about her back injury

#23 ·
lizchris said:
Go back and reread my original message. I never said that Anna mentioned Venus and/or Serena. I said they were mentioned in the story. Why, I don't know, since they never played her that much.

they were mentioned to add some controversy.

anyway, its what i was expecting of e. actually i was expecting worse since im sure she refused an interview with them. they dont care about her tennis, they care about her celebrity. so we really cant expect them to look for facts.

atleast the footage of key biscayne, recent omega railmaster even, and wtt interviews was new stuff and not the same shit weve seen over and over.

i cant believe they showed anna-fans.com on there. what a rip-off that site is, never ever updated anymore. :rolleyes:

#25 ·
There's a bevy of Russian blondes and non Russian blondes to choose from now.. taller, thinner, title winning ones at that.

Resenting whatever mentions the Willies received? Ofcourse she did.

Show me a vanilla wafer that has ever felt that a chocolate chip deserved any sort of favorable mention along side/over it...

#26 ·
G_Slammed said:
Show me a vanilla wafer that has ever felt that a chocolate chip deserved any sort of favorable mention along side/over it...
:rolleyes:
that has got to be THE stupidest thing ive ever read on this board, and ive read some gems.

and did you ever think not everyone likes taller or thinner girls? annas got something the other russians dont.

Reactions: VivalaSeles
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.