What kind of music do you play?
Who are your influences?
What kind of guitar do you have?
Are you a serious musician?

:)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
I have a guitar (Yamaha Pacifica 120S) but I can't really play it. I just record bits into my computer and chop them up. I would like to be a serious musician, but I'm too lazy.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
You're pretty good! I only heard the two smallest ones cos my connection is sucky slow as usual. Have you thought about mp3ing them? Bit noisy, btw, what did you use to record them?

I don't know about mine...like I said, I'm a bit lazy. Basically I find it much easier to start something than finish it. The only two tracks I have that are anywhere near finished don't have guitar on them. I'm working on it though...

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
Satan said:
Pretty good is a put down to ME!!! :fiery:

I haven't heard that since i sucked at guitar! :(
You're pretty good, and I think you're gay.

Addendum: I'm being facetious for those who are a little *erm* sensitive.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yes, I play guitar.

I have owned a few guitars over the years, electric, semi acoustic and acoustic but at the moment the only axe I own is a Yamaha jumbo acoustic which, although I have had it for twenty years, still plays beautifully.

The type of stuff I play, though not neccessarily listen to, is pretty gloomy; anything from Leonard Cohen's Suzanne to Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry to Radiohead's Street Spirit [fade out]. I find that sort of thing suits my style of mixing up strumming and finger picking. Up tempo for me would be something like Greenday's Good Riddance [Time of your Life].

Influences are too many and varied to list but I learned to finger pick from Ole' Lenny (Cohen)'s tablature with a little help from Neil Young.

I don't read sheet music and I'm too 'self taught' to be considered a serious musician but one day I'd like to learn classical guitar and I suppose you have to get serious to master the theory side enough for that.

·
Banned
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to answer my questions :eek: so here we go:

I play play my own stuff. I've never had enough discipline to learn other ppl's music. For some reason i just get bored and do my own thing. I just like to sit there and improvise. I like seeing what my mind and my heart can dish out. I play blues, metal, hard rock, classical and neo-classical metal.

My #1 influence is Jimi Hendrix. I spent my first two years of playing trying to sound like hendrix. SO i learned a bunch of bluesy stuff.....Then about a year and a half ago i listened to Yngwie Malmsteen, and that totally changed my style. After that i started to learn how to shred, and i started getting into classical music.

I have three guitars, i have two fender strats, and i have a Gibson SG Standard. I'm running it through a Marshall Half Stack.

I would say that i'm a serious musician. I'm self taught and i don't know a lot about theory....but i'm working on it. ;)

I can't see myself doing anything other than music. Music is my passion, and i love it. :)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I bought a Bass Guitar in April, named her Lola, I don't know why it just kinda fitted in with her!! :)

I'm kinda terrible at the minute but I'm getting better all the time! I got given this video when I bought the bass which tells you all the basics. It's pretty hard.......:(

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
What kind of music do you play? I play mainly rock type music
Who are your influences? Sheryl Crow is the reason I started playing and I like Clapton a lot. I also liked Nirvana.
What kind of guitar do you have? I have a white/black fender strat and I have a sunburst fender acoustic.
Are you a serious musician? I used to practice like 6 hours a day, but now I play for maybe an hour a week, if that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts