Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from a few days ago but apparently she sat on him (weighing 220 pounds and all) and beat him with her size 12 high heel shoe. Don't know if she caved his chest in or what but dang!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/kr/20030609/lo_krnewyork/killershoestory

Killer-shoe story
Mon Jun 9, 7:19 AM ET Add Local - New York Daily News to My Yahoo!

By ELIZABETH HAYS, MICHELE McPHEE and ALICE McQUILLAN
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Roosevelt Bonds was a heel - a jealous, two-timing lout who would think nothing of punching a lady in the mouth. Anna Rhinehart was a big lady, with a couple of big shoes and an even bigger temper - with a jealous streak to match.

Those were the competing pictures offered yesterday of the troubled ex-lovers, whose stormy relationship ended on a Brooklyn street with the 220-pound Rhinehart sitting on Bonds' chest as she clubbed him to death with her size 12 high heels, police said.

Rhinehart, 40, showed up to court yesterday with two front teeth missing and bruises - injuries she contends were inflicted in a jealous rage by Bonds, 52, in front of a Brownsville barbecue joint early Saturday.

Tumultuous history

"She has visible injuries to show that she has been beaten," defense attorney Darren Fields told Brooklyn Criminal Court Judge Leonard Rienzi.

But Letracia Barnes - who said she was one of Bonds' 18 to 20 children by six or seven women - charged Rhinehart had long battered her father. And she told the Daily News Rhinehart was jealous of Bonds' many relationships.

"She's trying to say it was self-defense. Why was she sitting on him if he was attacking her?" asked Barnes, 23, of Queens. "She [would say], 'If I can't have him, nobody can.'"

Barnes claimed Rhinehart had brandished knives and a gun against her father in the past. Authorities said Bonds even took out an order of protection against Rhinehart, who had a 6-year-old son with him.

But the order expired Friday after charges that Rhinehart had stabbed Bonds with a nail file in April were thrown out, sources said.

Rhinehart, a mother of five, was released on her own recognizance yesterday after Assistant District Attorney Marie Leonardi said the couple shared a history of abuse and Bonds may have started the brawl.

The bizarre battle to the death unfolded shortly before 3 a.m. Saturday when Bonds ran into Rhinehart at a Strauss St. restaurant and saw her with another man, authorities said.

"He came there after her and knocked her teeth out, and she went after him in his car and broke the window and starts beating him with a shoe," a law enforcement source said.

Cops said Rhinehart sat on Bonds' chest as she whacked him with her high heels. Both stood about 5-feet-9, though she outweighed him by about 40 pounds.

Manslaughter charges

Bonds died of blunt trauma and chest compression. Rhinehart was charged with manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon - her big shoes.

His daughter said Bonds, whose children range in age from 6 to 31, enjoyed good relationships with his many ex-girlfriends - except Rhinehart.

"He was charming," Barnes said. "He was a free spirit. He didn't like to be tied down."

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I read that. Finally. A woman with bigger feet than me.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I live in the NY area and this story has been in the newspapers and on the news. Howard Stern has even talked about it on his show. Not that I am defending the woman, but I'd like to know the full story of what was going on, because I think we are only getting half of the story. Unfortunately, the man died and we don't know what he told anyone before he passed away because I don't think he died immediately.

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
lizchris...the truth of the matter is, they got into a tussle, they both fell to the ground, she mounted his chest, she's massively obese, his chest caved in and she finished him off with her gargantuan shoes. i don't know a woman who ears size 12 shoes but jeezus that's got to hurt!

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
size 12?

im an 8-8.5 and people tell me i have big feet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts