Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going!

Traveling over from Londo on the Eurostar on Thursday 31st AM.

Will go in after 5pm that day, then got tickets for Suzane Leglen on Friday (row 24 is that right at the back?)

Anyone know which of the Radisson SAS or the Mercure Porte de St Cloud, will be the best to stay in down at that end of Paris, anyone know what the area is like?

Also, I'm ticketless for the Saturday, does anyone have any spare tickets they want to sell. Or do you know if there will be tickets available on the gate that morning, even if its just a ground pass.

So many questions for you all!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hello, I just joined the boards today.

I actually have a ticket to Court 1 on the middle Sunday, June 3. But I am now thinking if I should still go I requested for a ticket for June 2 Saturday as well but I didn't get a ticket for that day. Has anyone ever attempted to purchase tickets directly at Roland Garros on the day they were planning to watch? What are the odds of getting a ticket?

If the odds of getting a ticket on the day itself are slim to none (especially middle Saturday since I guess tons of people will be there), I may have to skip it despite the ticket I have because I will have to fly to Paris to watch, and one day's worth of matches may not be worth the flight and hotel costs.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Hello, I just joined the boards today.

I actually have a ticket to Court 1 on the middle Sunday, June 3. But I am now thinking if I should still go I requested for a ticket for June 2 Saturday as well but I didn't get a ticket for that day. Has anyone ever attempted to purchase tickets directly at Roland Garros on the day they were planning to watch? What are the odds of getting a ticket?
In the morning only from the scalpers or from the fellow fans who decided against going. A chance to buy a ticket on a fair price from a fan is not that small. I know that many fans au principe refuse to sell their tickets to the black market dealers. And after 17.00 you can officially buy the so-called evening ticket for the rest of the day. These are available at the Porte des Mousquetaires entrance.

·
From island to island
12,572 Posts
Tuesday. Last year, the men began.
Thanks :) Logically, I would say you are right, but I checked on the website and they said that women's Q draw will be available next Tuesday. So I don't know what to think.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
gah... i wish i could... sadly i cannot quite afford the whole plane ride to paris:(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks a lot for the information flesh2flash.

I'm re-thinking now whether I should go, even if I do have that Sunday ticket, since I just checked out flights and obviously the prices have gone up massively (I should've gotten my flight some time ago, silly me). I'll try to find out if I can change the owner of my ticket and just give it away to anyone who wants it.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
64,595 Posts
Thanks :) Logically, I would say you are right, but I checked on the website and they said that women's Q draw will be available next Tuesday. So I don't know what to think.
How does this change anything? The draw is available one day before play commences :shrug:

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,644 Posts
I'll be there from the beginning of the qualies till the wednesday of first week :):) (so that's one more day than last year.. I'll try to do even more next year :))

1 - 20 of 23 Posts