Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, she'll only ever fluke a GS - and be lucky to do so at that. I suppose it's enought that she has something to do and earn a load of dosh but, despite the couple of tournies she's won, it's pretty uneventful for us fans.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
I kind of agree. But, isn't she in the top five as of right now? If she had been anyone else but a five time grand slame champion, these results would be amazing. So, she's really just the victinm of huge expectations.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
24,118 Posts
I mean, she'll only ever fluke a GS - and be lucky to do so at that. I suppose it's enought that she has something to do and earn a load of dosh but, despite the couple of tournies she's won, it's pretty uneventful for us fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5 of them

·
Registered
47,730 Posts
I kind of agree. But, isn't she in the top five as of right now? If she had been anyone else but a five time grand slame champion, these results would be amazing. So, she's really just the victinm of huge expectations.
no, she is not top five.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Maybe she bothered to come back because she found her passion for playing tennis again? Who are we to judge? Besides she has been moderately successful. Leave her be.

Reactions: LH2HBH

·
Premium Member
13,968 Posts
I think that she's come back to annoy the living daylights out of all of the haters, and she's clearly succeeding. At the same time, her real fans are delighted that she's competing again and we'll support her no matter whether she's the No.1, No.5 or No.20 player in the world.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I think that she's come back to annoy the living daylights out of all of the haters, and she's clearly succeeding. At the same time, her real fans are delighted that she's competing again and we'll support her no matter whether she's the No.1, No.5 or No.20 player in the world.
:worship: :worship:

·
Registered
286 Posts
She's still talented and she still has a passion for the sport...who cares if she's not Top 5 ;)

·
Registered
18,049 Posts
Obviously someone doesn't appreciate Martina's uncanny and unparallelled skill. I think Martina has had a very eventful comeback. She won her first mixed doubles Grand Slam ('06 Aus Open), 3 WTA Singles Titles (inc. 2nd Rome triumph and record breaking 5th Tokyo title), 1 WTA Doubles Titles, reached World No.6, earned over $US1 million in tennis prizemoney alone and defeated the likes of Maria Sharapova, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Nadia Petrova, Dinara Safina, Ana Ivanovic, Elena Dementieva, Venus Williams and Lindsay Davenport, and ur telling me that ''it's pretty uneventful for us fans :shrug:

Considering it was people like you who doubted whether Martina Hingis - an all time legend of the game - would even make the top 50 in her gutsy comeback, you should be in awe of the sublime skill and talents of this fantastic tennis player!! Who are you to question why Martina even came back in the first place? :rolleyes:

I'M WITH YOU ALL THE WAY MARTINA :worship:

·
Registered
13,357 Posts
I still think she can do damage on the clay - she's not the best clay courter out there but on her day she can produce magic!

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
why not come back she adds more depth to womens tennis that can only be a good thing surely and whatever she achieves will be a bonus! plus i want her to set the record for all time earner on the wta tour i wana have 10 players over $20 million and a couple over $25 million to show that womens tennis is lucrative and is a bg money game cus that what seems to count!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Maybe she bothered to comeback because she likes to play...is that difficult to understand? if she shouldn´t be playing tennis because she´s not winning grand slams... why all the other players play tennis?they should think about retiring and let Justine, Serena, Amelie and Maria playing just because they are tne only players winning grand slams? :help:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Obviously someone doesn't appreciate Martina's uncanny and unparallelled skill. I think Martina has had a very eventful comeback. She won her first mixed doubles Grand Slam ('06 Aus Open), 3 WTA Singles Titles (inc. 2nd Rome triumph and record breaking 5th Tokyo title), 1 WTA Doubles Titles, reached World No.6, earned over $US1 million in tennis prizemoney alone and defeated the likes of Maria Sharapova, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Nadia Petrova, Dinara Safina, Ana Ivanovic, Elena Dementieva, Venus Williams and Lindsay Davenport, and ur telling me that ''it's pretty uneventful for us fans :shrug:

Considering it was people like you who doubted whether Martina Hingis - an all time legend of the game - would even make the top 50 in her gutsy comeback, you should be in awe of the sublime skill and talents of this fantastic tennis player!! Who are you to question why Martina even came back in the first place? :rolleyes:

I'M WITH YOU ALL THE WAY MARTINA :worship:
:worship: spot-on

·
Registered
730 Posts
totally agree :worship:

·
Registered
365 Posts
i think she felt her career was over too soon (and she wanted to add the French to her trophy case)... i think getting in the top five at lightening speed is very impressive.

·
Registered
49,028 Posts
Tennis is NOT only about winning GS title

If she's happy to play and enjoying herself, why not

anyway, just for your info: Hingis is currently #6, have won 2 Tier I (Tokyo & Rome) QF (AO 06 & 07) QF (FO 06)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts