Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These 2 players are the most exciting on the tour.

When they meet up its almost always a classic there contrasting styles match up perfectly.

The 2 havent met in sooo long and now both players are on top of their games.

When is the next time there could be a Venus - Martina showdown?

Scotsdale? Key Biscane?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Yes, yes, yes! They only played twice last season. I can't wait to see them in action again.:wavey:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Now it seems to be completely up to Venus. Martina has reached 3 finals out of three this year, so that's Venus who let us down..

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
They were only in one event together so far. The austrailian open. it would've been nice to see them play in the semis, but seles earned her place there. Those are the breaks.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Actually, Hingis has had her chances to meet Venus in the finals as well. Remember, Wimbledon, US Open 2001?

·
Registered
139 Posts
That is not let down. Venus played in one tournament and won
and Hingis was not there. They only played in one in which
Venus did not make it to the finals. Now Venus is in France and
Hingis is not, if Venus reaches the finals, will it be a let down
for Hingis..No. It is just happen that these two have not had the
opportunity to meet in the finals. Though the Hingis' fans
don't want her play Venus yet according to one of their
topics on Hingis.org.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
"the Hingis' fans
don't want her play Venus yet according to one of their
topics on Hingis.org."

Don't generalize.

I'm a Hingis fan, and would love to see another classic encounter between the two.

Although I usually root for Hingis between the two of them, when they play I usually don't care who wins as long as its a great match.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I too love Venus and Hingis encounter. It is always classic.
The person who suggested this was either Makus or Bruce.
I don't know why they came up with that conclusion.

I love tennis too much that a good match among the top ten
can always make me happy.

Example: Davenport vs Serena, Capriati vs Henin, Clijster vs Dokic, Capriati vs Hingis, Venus vs Davenport, Seles vs capriati,
Seles vs Hingis.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a huge Hingis fan I would love them to play each other again.

As far as im concerned the no 1 and 2 players in the world are Marti and Venus.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
The best matchup on the tour. (Although in Serena vs Justine, everything happens so fast!)

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think that in their current state, Hingis would kick Venus' butt. :) She'll get a chance at Serena in Scottsdale...

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I would love to see them play each other! Maybe in thew miami final? Three set epic?:eek:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
If Hingis can't beat Jen when she's up 4-0 in the second, what makes you think she'll beat Venus?:rolleyes:

No need to answer. Just a hypothetical question.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
Hingis played three strongest tournaments of the year so far. Venus played one of them and lost early and one very minor tournament. So, they didn't play this year because of Venus.

Venus avoiding Hingis? Scared? :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
ys--I know you're poking fun, but I'm gonna answer you anyway, just to humor you. ;)

Venus stated very clearly why she chose not to play Sydney. It's too fast paced, and plus Serena was playing there. She wanted to ease her way into the year.

As for AO--Venus did very well considering how her knee was acting up. Plus she pulled a hamstring DURING the match with Monica, and I'm surprised it went to 3 sets. :D

Venus is ready for Hingis. Bring it on baby!!
(for those of you who are devoid of a sense of humor this is what we call trash talkin ;))

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
"I think that in their current state, Hingis would kick Venus' butt. She'll get a chance at Serena in Scottsdale..."

Rocksteady I may be wrong, but I don't think Venus and Serena are the same person....

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yea, thanks for the revelation. :rolleyes:

Let me do "simple sentences" for those who can't read between the lines.

I think Martina is better than Venus.
Martina might play Serena soon.
Serena is related to Venus.

Moon, lol at the thought. If we use the transitive property

(Except for one fluke set), Monica > Venus
(Except for one fluke set), Martina > Monica

Thus, Martina > Venus

Simple math. Heh, but we'll see. I just don't think any player on tour is as good as Hingis this year. Yes, that includes Lady LUCK.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I luv reading these post as if Martina wants any part of either Sister. If she were a metal, you could not melt her down and pour on either Venus or Serena. Don't get me wrong. Martina is a great player and on any given day who knows what can happen. And she is playing extremely well. But Hingis at her best against either Sister at their best...Hingis comes out the loser. Nuff Said! :cool:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,586 Posts
I just don't think any player on tour is as good as Hingis this year. Yes, that includes Lady LUCK.
That's really a bold statement to make, considering that the season is barely in it's 2nd month --- Anyway I bet Hingis would trade her Sydney and Tokoyo trophies for that beautiful trophy that Miss Lady LUCK herself hoisted after being down 4-6 0-4 in the match . Oh well we will see :p

·
Registered
100 Posts
RockSteady said:
Yea, thanks for the revelation. :rolleyes:

(Except for one fluke set), Monica > Venus
(Except for one fluke set), Martina > Monica

Thus, Martina > Venus

Simple math.
Well following the same logic or "math":

(Except for one fluke set), Venus > Jennifer
(Except for one fluke set), Jennifer > Martina