Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else still depressed about Serena's loss? I thought Id got over it yesterday, but I just can't stop thinking about it. I've never seen Serena play so badly in a Grand Slam QF, and the way she ended the match was just:eek:

Please tell me Im not the only one who feels like this:help: :lol:

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
I'm surprisingly over it. :lol:

·
Registered
164 Posts
nope, you're not the only one. i'm still so sad that i don't get to see her tomorrow in the semis and saturday in the final :( eventough i tried as much as i could to repress this sadness, as i'm in my final exams period
she seemed so determined to win the title, but...

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im still doing exams also, Serena winning would have cheered me up :(

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
I was never depressed over her loss, at least Serena is back and playing good and healthy again for the first time since 2003, and her first time playing the French since 04. Serena's season has been amazing so far, winning Australia and Miami. She's already beat Maria twice this year and Justine. So im still really happy about that! :)

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
I have never been this down about a loss. I've been mad, or whatever, but I'm just like...*sigh* about it.
I hate to give Serena a hard time, especially knowing how much pressure she puts on herself. But I really got the feeling she didn't try...and I'm disappointed about that. No intensity or fight...It's not so much her losing, it was her attitude about it.
I guess she's allowed one match where she looks like she's expecting to lose.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am a bit down about the result to be honest. But i am sure she will learn from it and she will come back stronger in the upcoming tournaments.
Good luck Rena!!!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I'm still depressed about the lack of fight she showed, but not the actual result. Just looking forward to Wimbledon now...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yes exactly on to Wimbledon!!!!
:D

·
Premium Member
26,630 Posts
Yes, I am. But if Sharapova wins, I'll be even more depressed. I guess I don't mind an all Serbian final, sigh.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I'm over it and looking foward to grass and hard courts.

·
29,998 Posts
Nope. I set myself up for the loss. I knew it was coming. If I thought she was gonna win and and she did end up losing, I would be hurt for months.

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
I'm over it, but I'm not going to watch the finals or anything :shrug:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
That's the way to do it.
I disagree completely.
Yes I wasn't expecting her to win on clay, but on any other surface I believe Serena will win every single match. If she loses, ok, but I know better than to doubt her (off of clay ;))

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's the way to do it.
Yes that would've been a good idea :( Except with Serena talking about winning the FO and how determined she seemed to be I just couldn't help thinking she would pull it off!!! She could've too! The amount 2nd serves Justine was giving her, 2002/2003 clay Serena would've kicked Justine's arse!:devil:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
i'm very disappointed as I really see her as the only current player to have a decent shot at the calendar grand slam.

but I can't be too disappointed after the Oz open.. i mean.. that should really keep me happy for at LEAST six months.:p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts