Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the transformation is complete in my opinion. Anna Kournikova the tennis player is gone, and Anna Kournikova the barbie doll money maker has taken over.

I can't see her ever hitting a tennis ball in anger ever again, the only time she will hold a tennis racket is to appear in events like Arthur Ashe day.

I don't even think she looks good anymore. The make-up, the hair, trying too hard, too manufactured. The pictures from Saturday have put the final nail in the coffin for me. Her sexiness was as a tennis player, athleticism and looks combined. Not anymore.

Sorry, Anna. Let us know if you ever decide to come back...

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Not yet Jonathan. A new year will bring new hope. :D And I think Anna will give the WTA Tour another try in 2004. I think she'll play a limited schedule like her agent has already hinted at. A full year for Anna next year will be playing between 12 and 15 WTA tournaments. And several of those tournaments will be small ones.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'm pretty close. I'm just waiting for something to jump up and tell just to forget about it. That's not to say that I'm thinking she's anything bad, cause I mean, she's gotta do what she's gotta do, but as far as for tennis is concerned, I've almost lost interest.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Seeing her on Tuesday night and the tape on the back was pretty disconcerting. She seemed very happy doing the USA schtick, I just hope that she takes that enthusiasm back into tennis when she gets healthy. She could also learn something about enthusiasm from Alex (although he did fail to close out his match on two match points).

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
Watched Masha's match today. Geez, the girl has less talent than Anna has in her one finger.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Steam said:
Yeah, too bad that that finger got injured in '98.
WORD !

If only it wouldn't be that sad, actually.

To give up on AnnaK?

Pff ... I survived so many months of tennis without Anna to be seen ...

survived so many Grand Slam tourneys without her name in the draws ...

survived the Losses to Fokina ranked around 250 and Bruna Colosio in 1st Rd of Charlottsville's Challenger ...

I even survived the worldwide broadcasted WATERLOO to Widjaja ...

so despite my realism ( She won't be a Grand Slam Singles Winner nor won't she be Top-5 at any time in her career ) I pretty much know that I will get excited about the scores of her matches again ... for sentimental reasons ...

... if and when she comes back.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
ALPHA said:
I even survived the worldwide broadcasted WATERLOO to Widjaja ...
Just imagine that match live though. Pure pain and afterward I had to endure all kinds of idiots talk about how much she sucks at tennis, at least you were able to turn it off.

She seemed genuinely enthusiastic on Tuesday and if she can get healthy and bring that to her matches then I think she can maybe, possibly, hopefully, mount a comeback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts