Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...

My ex she's in a shitload of a mess over drugs. Posession, dealing, etc. She's out on bail right now stayin in the next state over in a sleezy hotel cuz nobody wants her. It's quite sad. The cops even came to talk to me about her, and I Told them nothing just that we dated, had problems and separated. She loses her cell phone, it's cut off tonight at midnight, because she said the cops kept her money and credit cards to investigate drug activity? :shrug: I'm worried about her thou cuz she says she's going to kill herself, I just want her to go home where her mom can try and help her, and if her mom won't somebody will.

But do they really take your money and credit cards if you are arrested? Or is this a sob story wanting me to help her pay that $800 bill? :confused:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
They don't confiscate credit, but cash - if possessed at the time of arrest for drugs... yes. Vehicles too, if the drugs are in the vehicle, not just on the person. I put more answer in my thread for you. :)

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
My aunt was convicted of selling cocain and drug trafficing back in the early 90s. SHe worked for fed ex at the time out in san francisco and her boyfriend led some kind of drug ring out there. He talked her into smuggling it through fed ex for distribution on the other side of the country. I'm not exactly sure what happened but she got caught up in selling some of it when she moved back home to set up the east coast shop I guess you would call it lol ... the cops got her trying to sell cocaine to an undercover agent and arrested her. I'm not sure about if they take your credit cards and stuff but I know she had $50k cash taken and that my uncle had to pay off her bills with his credit card and my grandfather (her father) had to put up his house for collateral to make the bail. She got off with a lighter sentence when she made a plea bargain in exchange for helping them to get her boyfriend. My parents used to be real secretive about all of it, but it was strange when she was always "out of town" for holidays for a couple years :lol:

Now she's totally reformed and found God during her prison term :tape: :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I know the seized the car... it was a rental thou. And I know they took the cash too, but I was wondering on the credit cards. I bet I know what went down. She's only got a Visa Check card, and I bet she was going to make a deposit with the money she was making and since they took that, now she can't make a deposit big enough to pay the bill. Oh well.

It's a real mess. It's odd, and I'm damn lucky I've not been around when everything has started to fall apart.

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bw2082 said:
My aunt was convicted of selling cocain and drug trafficing back in the early 90s. SHe worked for fed ex at the time out in san francisco and her boyfriend led some kind of drug ring out there. He talked her into smuggling it through fed ex for distribution on the other side of the country. I'm not exactly sure what happened but she got caught up in selling some of it when she moved back home to set up the east coast shop I guess you would call it lol ... the cops got her trying to sell cocaine to an undercover agent and arrested her. I'm not sure about if they take your credit cards and stuff but I know she had $50k cash taken and that my uncle had to pay off her bills with his credit card and my grandfather (her father) had to put up his house for collateral to make the bail. She got off with a lighter sentence when she made a plea bargain in exchange for helping them to get her boyfriend. My parents used to be real secretive about all of it, but it was strange when she was always "out of town" for holidays for a couple years :lol:

Now she's totally reformed and found God during her prison term :tape: :rolleyes: :lol:
How long of a prison term was it? And she say much about the womens prison?

I'm wondering my ex was caught with Crack Cocaine which I know carries a manufacturing charge with it. And then some narcotic pills.

·
49,309 Posts
If there's a lien on the car, the po-po won't keep it. But Miss Thang will have to pay for the expense of having a rental car out for how many days it takes the po-leece to 'investigate', which knowing it's a rental will slow them down just for the sake of being nasty. :) Cops are such hateful pricks.
*And I'm allowed to say that, cuz I work with 'em.*

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Bacardi said:
How long of a prison term was it? And she say much about the womens prison?

I'm wondering my ex was caught with Crack Cocaine which I know carries a manufacturing charge with it. And then some narcotic pills.
I'm not exactly sure how long it was. I was only about 12 at the time and wasn't told very much about it. I want to say it was about 3-4 years but don't hold me to that. It is never talked about when she is around. Only in secret :lol:

Things are different now with harsher sentences and stuff. Who knows what your ex is in for :sad:

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The good thing is the rental car was in her cousin's name, who was with her. So Ding Bat won't have to pay for that. Still she got took to jail, bailed out finally, and she's holed up in some sleezy hotel in Tennessee. And I'm the only person that knows where. God I love the drama in my life.

You know before I"d let them send her to prison for 3 or 4 years I'd help her get out of the country. Because she's a beautiful girl, and I'd be afraid of what the other women would do to her in there. She's just a kid, that's why she's in all this trouble, mentality of a kid so she doesn't need prison. She needs help. With her temper I'm afraid she'd get raped and beat up repeatedly in the joint and nobody deserves that kinda treatment for something that isn't even that serious in my book.

·
49,309 Posts
bw2082 said:
are you allowed to leave the state when you're out on bail?
Nope. It's a violation of bond conditions, and bond will be revoked and new charges issued. Still a misdemeanor, but a Class A (or equivalent in other states).

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Athenaeum said:
Nope. It's a violation of bond conditions, and bond will be revoked and new charges issued. Still a misdemeanor, but a Class A (or equivalent in other states).
Well I would call her and tell her that but since her phone's dead, I can't do anything.

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell no, in fact I can't stand 'em :fiery:

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
No, Thank God I am thiny, with big "exotic for the place" eyes (almost innocent :lol: ) and didn't get checked.

*Sometimes it's nice to be a woman ;)

Anyways, a person of my familly has been arrested twice for drug possesion. But here the cops are quite normal people and after a 24h arrest he was liberated. The only thing he got until now is a 5 year condamnation with condition (dunno if it's the correct word though) over his driving licence.

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
When you're a movie star like me, you don't have to worry about getting busted. You either get star-blinded doctors who will prescribe you anything, or you get a "personal assistant" who gets the drugs for you, and accordingly gets busted for you as well. I recall a mid-80s Fleetwood Mac album, there's a strange dedication, it was to their drug dealer!! Anyway, hon, they don't confiscate credit cards. If you want to give your ex some drug money for one last great high before going to the slammer, then give her the dough. We'll understand. But I think we all know she's trying to scam you for drug money. That doesn't mean you shouldn't give it to her, but I wouldn't buy this routine she's feeding you, and I think even you know this. Helen gives money to homeless people all the time, all the while knowing it will be used for booze. But what better gift can you give a homeless person than a great buzz? If I was living on the street, that's all I would think about!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts