Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I think she was number one among the 35+ at some moment.

Reactions: Wimanna

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
That's correct. Klaartje Van Baarle is (or is it "used to be"?) the no.1 players on the Women Seniors tour.
She also won the doubles title at the National Belgian Tennis Championships in 2001, with Leslie Butkiewicz! :)
I don't think she's ever played on the ITF/WTA... Can anyone confirm this? Perhaps the WTA Tour officials have more information about her. Maybe she did play in the 80s or early 90s?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
She won the tournement in my club last year. Very solid player, especially if you think about her age. This year she isn't competing (because of international oblegations).

But nevermind, Patty Van Acker is playing in our club now (i saw her quarterfinal friday evening) :worship: :hearts: :kiss:
Those legs, :kiss: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss:
She is the big favorite to win the title, don't see anyone beating her...

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
I read in this month's Play Tennis, even though that's not a very reliable source :tape: that Klaartje Van Baarle will play international tournaments this year :confused:

Is she going to play ITF at the age of 40? :eek:

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
A friend of mine trains with Klaartje Van Baarle.
He says she's very nice and down-to-earth.
She beats him constantly too. ;)

Reactions: Wimanna

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Brαm said:
Where does she train? Does she train in Waregem?

Pittem.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
She's just 2 months older than myself.
Maybe I can try to be world number one in 10 years, on the WTA-tour for ladies of 50. :p

Seriously, people like this lady motivate me to try to improve my tennis (still a lot of work to do).

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
www.sportwereld.be

Ook bloemen voor Van Baarle en Godfroid - 14/12/2004

Tijdens de VTV-viering werden ook Klaartje Van Baarle en Pierre Godfroid in de bloemetjes gezet. Klaartje Van Baarle uit Desselgem kroonde zich bij de vrouwen 40+ in het Turkse Antalya dit jaar tot wereldkampioene en Pierre Godfroid uit Wezembeek-Oppem veroverde in Seefeld te Oostenrijk de Europese titel bij de 45plussers.

:yeah:

·
Registered
19,589 Posts
Brαm said:
I read in this month's Play Tennis, even though that's not a very reliable source :tape: that Klaartje Van Baarle will play international tournaments this year :confused:

Is she going to play ITF at the age of 40? :eek:
Apparently Play Tennis was right! After Zwevegem, Klaartje now qualified again in Rebecq! :eek: :worship:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.