Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that ESPN will only be showing North American tournaments, but I don't see any listings for this tourney on their website :mad: Last I looked, Canada's a part of North America :rolleyes: I see, though, that the men's tournament in Montreal is gonna be shown, so why not this one? Anybody have any info?? Thanks!

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have some info ;) According to the WTA site, here's the schedule:

ESPN Friday, August 15 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
ESPN Saturday, August 16 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ESPN Sunday, August 17 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm

A pathetic 4 1/2 hours of coverage :rolleyes: At least it's something.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Linnie said:
I do have some info ;) According to the WTA site, here's the schedule:

ESPN Friday, August 15 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
ESPN Saturday, August 16 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
ESPN Sunday, August 17 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm

A pathetic 4 1/2 hours of coverage :rolleyes: At least it's something.

:wavey: Hey Linnie
You must have read my mind about the coverage. I looked in the lastest Tennisweek, and Tennis mags, and they didn't have anything!
Anyway, I'm glad they're at least showing this. :rolleyes:
pitiful ESPN :mad:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
its weird how the men's events in canada from espn have so much coverage...yet womens tennis always have better ratings? wake up! men's tennis is not popular in the states!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Brandon85 said:
its weird how the men's events in canada from espn have so much coverage...yet womens tennis always have better ratings? wake up! men's tennis is not popular in the states!
They know that but I suspect the powers that be are predominately male and along with many male players and commentators(both Mac's)
are envious and jealous of the fact that all the attention(atleast in the US) is given to the women and no one gives a damn about them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.