Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
16,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried out to be a ball kid here. I find out by thursday if I made it or not. Does anyone else fancy to go? I am finally gonna write reviews this year :p. Even if I dont get the ball kid spot me dad bought a box so I can get in either way :bounce: !

I get out of school the whole week I am so excited!
 

·
SMUstang,
Joined
·
8,482 Posts
i am but you already knew that :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
PointBlank said:
I tried out to be a ball kid here. I find out by thursday if I made it or not. Does anyone else fancy to go? I am finally gonna write reviews this year :p. Even if I dont get the ball kid spot me dad bought a box so I can get in either way :bounce: !

I get out of school the whole week I am so excited!
I thought you were a ball boy there for three years already....
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
16,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loveulindsay said:
I thought you were a ball boy there for three years already....
Yea but you have to try out every year and sometimes they wont pick you again
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
Why wouldn't they pick you if you've been doing it for three years? Especially if you say you've been to the semifinals.
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
16,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
loveulindsay said:
Why wouldn't they pick you if you've been doing it for three years? Especially if you say you've been to the semifinals.
Because I have only did one semi-final for Lisa last year and also because they want new kids to do it more than expierienced
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
That doesn't make sense. They would rather have a kid with no experience do it than a kid who's done it for years and knows what he's doing?
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
16,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
loveulindsay said:
That doesn't make sense. They would rather have a kid with no experience do it than a kid who's done it for years and knows what he's doing?
I dont know I am not Micheal or Jorge who picks us :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Gosh it's going to sound like I'm whining but when this tournament was in OKlahoma CIty I was a ball kid for two years and no matter your experience level you always got to be a ball kid. My first match was an Amanda Coetzer match and I remember walking into the arena and the coordinator saying drop your stuff and run on the court and take a corner, I didn't know who was playing but they called time and amanda walks over towards me and I was just star struck I tossed the balls out and it was just weird cos just before I walked in I had been looking at a pic of her with the family circle cup trophy. but yeah it was really nice when it was here, the free t-shirts, eating from the concession stand for free, people even used to wear their ball kid clothes even if they weren't working so they could still get in the match and you got 2 free tickets for each session you worked. I could still be one if the tournament were still in OKC.
 
  • Like
Reactions: anton
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top