Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
the only updates we have got on her have come from some of the danish fans here as her father had given updates to the local press there.

it obviously wasn't good. She got a very nasty viral infection in Miami and was hospitalized for some time and obviously has been slow to recover. Such a promising start to the year really went down the toilet. Not sure if she'll play Wimbly she did a last minute W/D from RG so who knows what is going on with her. Would be nice to get an update.

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
192,898 Posts
Danish TV just got an SMS mess. from her dad, every time he will just say She had withdrawn from X tournament, but he won't wanna tell about the future... So NO news yet about WIM.

·
Registered
34,592 Posts
Well she didn’t withdraw from Wimbledon before the qualies draw was made so hopefully that’s a good sign…(?)

·
Registered
34,592 Posts
she withdrew from the French only a few days before it started.. after the draw had been made and was replaced with a LL
Oh, I wasn’t on TF much that week so I missed that detail.

So history could well repeat then, but hopefully not. Unless it’s Little Sara or Swagger Colleen who get in as LL 😍

• Love
Reactions: MichaelB

·
Registered
14,264 Posts
I will be surprised if she makes it to Wimbledon with no grass matches and indeed no matches, I think she will be one of a number of pull outs that happen during this week. If she does play, then bread will probably feature.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There was an article in the Danish press yesterday where her coach said that Wimbledon was a tough tournament to play with no grass court preparation. He didn’t sound hopeful, but he didn’t rule out her playing either. The focus seemed to be on being fully prepared for the hard court season though.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
thanks dreforall... that makes me a happy man. I don't expect her to stay long if she does play. But man oh man is that good news. She really had a breakout year lined up before she got sick.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
that it has... well that sucks. Even JPeg removed the speculation and announced today she was playing. Suspect we'll get another very late withdraw from Clara. Even as a fan of hers... I won't think that is too cool. Either show up.. or drop out pre draw on Friday. Don't wait to the last minute and drop out again.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
that it has... well that sucks. Even JPeg removed the speculation and announced today she was playing. Suspect we'll get another very late withdraw from Clara. Even as a fan of hers... I won't think that is too cool. Either show up.. or drop out pre draw on Friday. Don't wait to the last minute and drop out again.

dude, waiting until the last minute to drop out is exactly the point.

Ever since they changed the rule on LLs, no player in MD has any incentive to pull out of a Grand Slam before the draw is made. If you're on the MD list and you show up on site, you're entitled to 35K or whatever it is.

So even if you have no intention of playing, you want to keep the ambiguity going until the draw comes out. That's pretty clearly what happened with Tauson at the FO, and it may well happen again now.

Although if she's well enough to make some kind of effort, perhaps it would make sense to go out on court for the 1R and get the full money instead of only half...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts