Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Martina is still looking for a partner. I think she'd be good with someone like Katarina Srebotnik or Daniela Hantuchova or maybe even Iroda Tulyaganova. We'll see who she ends up with. Arantxa would also benefit from a partner like that.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
Adrian, I think Lindsay and Martina would be great. For exactly the reasons you and Chris mentioned.

But however, I don't think Lindsay is interested in a full-time doubles partner. Singles is her first priority. If she's injured or doesn't want to risk an injury, she'll pull out of the doubles. I think she had that kind of understanding with Morariu and that was why her partnership with Zvereva broke up in 1999. I really don't think Martina would agree to something like that especially since she only plays doubles so if Lindsay backs out at the last minute, she'd be helpless.

I still think she'd be good with one of the big-serving youngsters though it might be a bit intimidating playing with her. Katarina said she felt that way when she played with Martina in New Haven in 2000. And that's why Hingis said no to Martina when she was asked if she wanted to play doubles with her last year. She felt there'd be too much pressure. Of course, Martina herself is playing much better tennis now than she did in 2000.

· Registered
1,540 Posts
If Martina starts in February, I think her choices would either be Memphis or Scottsdale. I doubt she would play any of the European indoor events after her horrible experiences last month. But again it depends on who her doubles partner is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.